Food shopping in Aldi

Bpool77

Senior Retro Guru
I live in the city centre and don't have a car there's a few tesco expresses in walking distance a M+S and then Aldi.

Never shopped in Aldi till last week ( missis is a food snob) and I'm well impressed cheap as anything and good quality good selection to. Went again today ( on my own separate food budgets now :LOL: ) four bags full of man food goodies for £25 ish like I said well impressed!!!

My OH loves Aldi, she thinks the same as you, good food and good prices.

The only bit I don't care for is the speed packing; boy do they shift that stuff through the till. :shock:

That winds me up, the way they throw the stuff at you. I deliberately take my time nowadays, if they want to stack everything on that tiny shelf to the point it falls off that is their prerogative. Generally just collecting stuff for the B&B side of things, they do indeed have decent quality wares and excellent prices. I generally avoid supermarkets, but it is not my choice when it comes to business.

The only gripe I've got with the place is its packed as its in the Arndale centre and a lot are foreigners that just don't move when asked to excuse me please? Early morning trips for me I think.
Just had a sirloin from there £3 ish and bang on happy days extra beer tokens tonight, she can stick her extortionate M+S :D

i avoid cheaper meat as i'm a bit squeamish with meat anyway.....the fruit wont last long before going off either.....those issues aside, aldi is great.....i always go there on the way to sainsburys to do the first half of the shopping and im amazed how much i can save on the first third of a shop.....

Their loos are really excellent and there is a large free car park.

Oh yeah, they actually go out and salt their car parks too, unlike the likes of KFC and Tesco.

I wish I was more German.

some of the food in aldi is really top quality.
but as stated above packing my trolley was a total nightmare, really stressed me out.
so i only go in for a basket full of food now as opposed to my weekly shop.

I've been shopping in Aldi weekly for about 7 years and I love it. The secret of the checkout rush is to pile it all back into your trolley when it goes through then move to the shelf behind the tills and pack your bags there. I always use one of their vegetable boxes for my food, so I need to re-pack anyway.

Family have a number of them. We personally don't, and wouldn't entertain the idea. We do let out our London end though, when it is empty. You want weir-does in your house at night? I am weird enough all on my own. I grew up in hotels; no place for kids I can tell you. :)

Back