Relaxation techniques wanted

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have been looking at cars, as we've just received some dosh to get one. I have found one to go and inspect but it is in Bradford and I'm nr Malton.

I have recently become a panicky passenger and am now uncomfortable driving on unfamiliar roads :oops: According to the AA route finder it is 66 miles away arrrrggghh.

Anyone have any relaxation techniques I can follow to help me cope with the journey especially if we buy the car and I need to drive back in our rotten Volvo.

Alison

I used to teach yoga and now teach ''conscious breathing'' basically ' be aware ' of your in /out breath what ever you do and where ever you are..........but at 1st you can practice it just sitting down to get used to the idea............no special way of breathing or thoughts just ' be aware ' of your breathing...............it is also know now as ''mindfullness.''...

dan_bo":1rnmlian said:
distracting perhaps as a passenger because I find them frustrating but hard to do if driving back. I do tend to get travel sick if I read while on the move.

Alison

music......chose some good tracks that you can sing along too..works for me...i havent ran anyone over in at least a month....

gibbleking":3s0u2tzj said:
music......chose some good tracks that you can sing along too..works for me...i havent ran anyone over in at least a month....

We have loads of CDs in the car, but they are all my 20 year old son's and I don't care for them much, all my music was stored on my laptop and that fell apart, although my son did get the local computer shop to download everything from my laptop to his hard drive, unfortunately he's in Scotland :(

Children :roll:

Alison

Back