Recommend me some forks

psyclone1976

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi, not relly been keeping up to speed with the suspension forks world, well in actual fact I have never been up to speed with the fork world. I need some nice light(ish) forks to go on my new rock lobster frame. Prob looking for 80-100mm travel and want to spend about £300. If you have had any good or bad experiences with forks I am interested in hearing about it.

thanks
:cool:

Rockshox Reba every time (if you want 100mm). Had fox f100rlc I thought they worked well but seals are not up to the job in this country. Ebayed them and for same money got new Reba's!

If you need more travel Revelations. Rockshox have really improved last few years, they are cheaper than fox, work just as well, FAR more reliable and are cheaper, Happy days! :)

Thanks for the info, looked at the Reba's and they look good, I like the Reba Team as it's got a lockout. Now need to start flogging some kit to pay for them!! :?

Don't need the teams just get the SL's, the only difference is how the lockout threshold is adjusted. Takes a few seconds longer! They all have lockout. As Andy B sez I got mine from merlin except they were £199 with the poploc!

If I was to spend a bit more (birthday cash coming my way soon!!) would the Pace RC39 XC be a better bet? Currently £349 on wiggle. Or is there something better for £300 - £400 price bracket

The Pace are light but suffer reliability issues. And of course they have stopped production as DT swiss have bought the fork operation and I would let them iron out the bugs first so to speak.

missmyfat":2i14uemc said:
The Pace are light but suffer reliability issues. And of course they have stopped production as DT swiss have bought the fork operation and I would let them iron out the bugs first so to speak.
Second that, I'd love a pair of Pace forks, when they're reliable ;)

Hopefully DT Swiss will sort that out.

How about Marzochhi: http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=produ ... egoryId=17 ?

Not heard much about them, a couple of good reviews though.

Check out nevt months what mountain bike they are testing all the xc forks next month. They tested longer travel forks this month and top rated rockshox revelations.

Back