Mobal Ponce addvise plis.

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
Sony Experia T , Any good?
Other recommendations?
Really need a good camera, screen and internet, Strava compatibility too.
Ta,

suburbanreuben":1zf7e900 said:
Other recommendations?
Ta,
Experia Z would be the one that covers your requirements if you want Sony. Otherwise, the Galaxy S range are excellent but the Note and Note II cameras arent as good. iPhone is another option but again the camera isnt as good as the Sony. I dont like iOS though so would recommend you avoid it, but others would disagree.

The phone to watch out for, for what you are asking, is the Galaxy S4. That should excel at everything you can imagine. Full HD screen, camera to rival the Experia Z, 4G compatible and will easily handle Strava. Octo core processor too. Personally though, I am going for the Galaxy Note II though I am considering whether to wait for the Note III which is rumoured for release just after summer in the UK. She is a big ol' girl though. Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 if you want a phone the size of a tablet should be good too. I want one that is a tablet size phone to negate the need/want to buy a tablet. I dont care if I look like a bell end holding a huge phone up. Worked for Dom Jolly.... :LOL:

Any top endish Android phone would tick all the boxes, unless you have mentioned the Experia T for a reason? The Experia Z is considered in quite a few circles the best Android phone there is at the moment...

Samsung, HTC, Google, Sony, you can't really go wrong...

Or Iphone or Blackberry for that matter both have new phones coming out imminently and are perfectly good...

edit: The Iphone 5s is coming soon with a 12mp camera by all accounts...

rosstheboss":2n6ijztu said:

Nice to know the camera on my aging N8(s) still is pretty cutting edge, then.

Neil":20vfmrh1 said:
rosstheboss":20vfmrh1 said:

I won't mention the Nokia with the 41mp camera then

rosstheboss":2xqqrtui said:
Neil":2xqqrtui said:
rosstheboss":2xqqrtui said:

I won't mention the Nokia with the 41mp camera then

Best not - the pureview is perhaps even more of an evolutionary dead end than the N8.

edit: just to mention, depending on budget, personally I quite like the idea of BB's Z10 and imminent Q10.

suburbanreuben":2s2cqzma said:
Other recommendations?
Ta,

I just got an Experia T handset last week, it's goood..I did have to grumpily accept that I couldn't afford some of the handsets mentioned ^^^ before I opened my eyes and tried it. Not sure about the the Strava compatibilty bit the OP mentions but it handles all tasks really well. I like the fact it's got:

an SD card slot,
it's processor is dual core not quad core - My battery seems to hold on to it's juice better.
It has a proper camera button on the side. Button press to shutter speed is quick too.
It's ace if you're left handed as the buttons are all along the bottom rhs, so one handed operation from out the pocket is easy- provided you got bigish paws.
It's a piece of P1ss to set up -I'm not tecchie but I did all of it without using any 'help' or 'how to' guides. A testament to how intuitive it is to use.
Multitasks no problem whatsoever, doesn't slow down noticeably to me.
Its £20 a month on Orange, free handset AND a docking stn that puts it on landscape mode and looks posy whist on charge :) (phones4U)

I don't like it because:

It's not TOP end,there are better phones out there - this is down to the 'I want' mentality which creeps in though, and is a load of B*ll*x.
It seems to get a bit tempermental at detecting my wifi @ home from time to time.
The sony browser seems a bit pointless when chrome is installed on there too.
Adjusting the screen brightness seems to be a bit long winded.
Using the camera; pictures of fast moving objects still blur.
Ok, maybe because it's not quad core, sometimes graphics seems to lag a teensy bit while using the touchscreen to slide things like volume controls.

So far, I'm happy I got it for two years -but that's a long time in development terms for phone spec's and it'll be tomor's slow boat. But aren't they all? It gets a demanding time with me and will do everyday. The Experia T is certainly up to the job IMO

saulus":2lnas3w4 said:
suburbanreuben":2lnas3w4 said:
Other recommendations?
Ta,

I just got an Experia T handset last week, it's goood..I did have to grumpily accept that I couldn't afford some of the handsets mentioned ^^^ before I opened my eyes and tried it. Not sure about the the Strava compatibilty bit the OP mentions but it handles all tasks really well. I like the fact it's got:

an SD card slot,
it's processor is dual core not quad core - My battery seems to hold on to it's juice better.
It has a proper camera button on the side. Button press to shutter speed is quick too.
It's ace if you're left handed as the buttons are all along the bottom rhs, so one handed operation from out the pocket is easy- provided you got bigish paws.
It's a piece of P1ss to set up -I'm not tecchie but I did all of it without using any 'help' or 'how to' guides. A testament to how intuitive it is to use.
Multitasks no problem whatsoever, doesn't slow down noticeably to me.
Its £20 a month on Orange, free handset AND a docking stn that puts it on landscape mode and looks posy whist on charge :) (phones4U)

I don't like it because:

It's not TOP end,there are better phones out there - this is down to the 'I want' mentality which creeps in though, and is a load of B*ll*x.
It seems to get a bit tempermental at detecting my wifi @ home from time to time.
The sony browser seems a bit pointless when chrome is installed on there too.
Adjusting the screen brightness seems to be a bit long winded.
Using the camera; pictures of fast moving objects still blur.
Ok, maybe because it's not quad core, sometimes graphics seems to lag a teensy bit while using the touchscreen to slide things like volume controls.

So far, I'm happy I got it for two years -but that's a long time in development terms for phone spec's and it'll be tomor's slow boat. But aren't they all? It gets a demanding time with me and will do everyday. The Experia T is certainly up to the job IMO

Thanks, just what I needed to know! Mine's being delivered in an hour or so.
I couldn't justify the Z version but this seemed OK . £20 a month is my limit for elecktrickery.
Is there a market for 2nd hand 6 year old Sony Ericcsons? :LOL:

Back