psoriasis treatments ?

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
having suffered with psoriasis for a lifetime i was thinking if anyone out there has found an effective treatment ?
many treatments i have tried have mainly irritated my skin and very rarely eliminated the problem.
so i give up trying treatments and just suffer with the psoriasis.
i am now a the point where i want to eliminate this completely,
so has anyone had any success with psoriasis treatments, what did they use, was it effective, did it eliminate the psoriasis.
the last treatment i tried was dithrocream 0.25 % mainly just burnt my skin and stained my clothing.
i would ideally like to try something natural.
hopefully someone can give me a little hope in my search for an effective treatment.
also where can i buy genuine coal tar soap from ?
thanks in advance.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I often have red marks around my nose and forehead and often peeling skin there too. Slight itchy sensation as well.

There's this product I use for my hair that somehow works miracles in my face. It's called "Freezing lotion".

freezing_600x337.jpg

I just take a single piece of toilet paper, fold it a few times, pour some of the lotion on it until it's really soaked and then just go over my face (careful not to get any in the eyes and mouth though).

I think it's the menthol in it that soothes the skin, but I may be wrong.
At first it really does feel like my face is freezing, and the affected areas seem to get worse. However after 15 minutes the skin stops itching, the colour returns to normal and I almost look human again.

Had a little myther with it (ps) on me knees and elbows when i was 14, it returned with a vigour when i was 21 (7 yr cycles-the ages of man), me mother had suffered with it and passed the news along that ultimately nothing can be done (freedie Parrot impressions) but whilst on holdiday in me 21st yr and still suffering it ...the olde fella told me to bath first thing every morning in the sea useing some seaweed like a flannel. Me mother scoffed at the notion but i knew well enough the olde fella would'nt have spoken for nowt :idea: . By the 3rd day the ps was flat and diminishing noticably, by the 8th day i had blemish free skin, bizarre really...watching the ps retreat into itself like one of those american cleaning agent ad's on the tele. I asked the olde fella was it the kelp or the saltwater and he said he did'nt know but knew the ps would'nt be over the moon with both of them together...and carried on reading the paper. Never had it since, me mother still suffers with it.

http://www.skinenergizer.com/how-seawee ... /13276.htm

Dovonex® (calcipotriene) Ointment for the skin.

The ointment works for me. The waterbased cream does not.

Also I take Omega3 fishoil with VitaminD3. The combination external and internal is keeping me in remission.

For the scalp I use a coal tar shampoo in very minimal amounts, just enough to cleanse the hair. Keeps the flakes at bey. Too much can damage the skin.

I would keep clear of clobesol. It thins the skin.

I think they've stopped making Polytar at the moment. Only thing that worked with my scalp (sore flaky skin, can get really bad).
I've found another shampoo - psioderm - 2.5% coal tar. Stinks really bad for the first few days in the bottle but gets better. Seems to work a bit, not sure yet if its as good as Polytar. I bought it from sainsburys.

(Work hat on).........
Videojetman, A fella here at work uses a treatment called Stelara , its other name is Ustekinumab. Its a subcutaneous injection that he receives every 3 months.
Its used for severe Plaque Psoriasis (don't know which type you have), which has failed to respond to standard systemic treatments i.e Ciclosporin, and Methotrexate.
It virtually cleared his Psoriasis completeley, you will need to speak to your GP about it.....advise him/her that it is affecting your life.....lay it on thick as its £2157 a dose (Sept 2011) and they may be a little reluctant to prescribe it to you!

later
(work hat off)
Andy

Back