Best way to hang a frame on the wall?

BertR00t

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Got a frame I want to hang on the wall as I don't ever get to ride it and I would like to see it more often. I was going to polish it up so it is nice and shiny but anyone got a suggestion as to how best to do it with as little visible mounting mechanism showing? It will be decorative, sort of if you know what I mean.

I would guess the bb shell is where to go for a minimalist attachment, but it depends on the frame weight and what your wall is made of.

Raging_Bulls":1f30yaae said:
I've seen bikes hang by a hook that their pedal, but can't imagine that that kind of tension is good for the crank and BB.

Example

Dude, given the weight of a bike versus a rider I seriously doubt you would stress it with a little leverage!

It really is nothing compared to hammering the cranks, even a lightweight weak rider is putting many times the force into it. Hanging it like that is basically giving the bike a nice rest!

:)

Its a light frame, an old Zaskar LE but the wall it is destined for is a plasterboard one in the loft...

Lots of frames at shows get displayed with a thing that clamps the BB shell -- essentially a threaded rod with a big washer and nut on each side. No idea if you can get them off the shelf or if they're custom things, though. Is there studwork behind the plasterboard or is it dabbed onto masonry?

Or cables from the ceiling?

That wall mount sounds like the ones kestrel engineering make for the bike trade for wall displays, you can buy them, google the name,I can't at the mo, I'm waiting for breakfast at a cafe,I think they're based in fareham Hampshire,

Back