Boston marathon.

Shocking ! And the London marathon is this week along with thatchers funeral , the funeral will go ahead whatever but they need to think about the marathon just incase ?

Sickening.

The people that would have been standing there would have largely been the partners and children of those running, a good many of whom would have been running the marathon in order to raise money for charity.

The cowards that hit 'soft' targets like this should be strung up. Very sad.

They waited for the maximum impact 3-4 hours after the first finishers...just the point where kids watching their mum or dad finishing would be there...complete arseholes for f**ks sake kids??? Lets hope its a one off as I have a few friends doing the London Marathon next week! My thoughts are with the innocent people caught up in it.....

+1^^
Who did this?
Why?

This is going to create such a climate of fear, quite understandably. Are you willing to take your kids to the marathon in London?
Logistically, it must be very difficult to prevent this type of carnage.

Gutted for the victims, their families and the community. This has done damage to what is a honourable, decent positive part of modern life.

There will be some heroes, some amazing stories of humanity, bravery and other positives that will come out of this. That's what I will appreciate.

heard about this while at work last night, immediately emailed a couple of friends, they are the sort of people who do marathons so i thought there was a chance they would be there, luckily they were in alaska at the time mountain climbing.

i just don't get it, what does it get the people who do it? i mean a bank robber gets money, what does a bomber get? nothing other than being more hated, and their 'cause' becomes tainted.

Jonny I dealt with bomb threats when I was in the forces, and that is the whole point of bombs, to become feared, notorious. when we got a phone call about it (and believe me, someone ALWAYS gets a phone call when a terrorist is going to set off a bomb), we'd ask them WHO they were, they'd always tell us, and we'd ask them why they were doing it, again they'd always tell us.

no bombings happen without someone knowing it's going to happen. most of the time the threat of it going off was normally enough... once upon a time the threat of a bomb used to make the news... these days.. not so much...

I seen the video of the boston explosion last night, and while yes it is tragic what happened, all I can say speaking from experience, is that they were lucky it was only a small explosion, it could have been a lot worse. looked more like an IED to me.

anyway. this world sickens me sometimes,..

Heavens, they must know if it was internal or international terrorism by now. They have an absolute goldmine of evidence: unexploded bombs, video footage, eye witness accounts etc. The Feds and US Gov't are sitting on it, Knowing who it is atm, I reckon.

If Bush was in charge, I bet he'd like to blame N.Korea...

I made a bet with my mate Ciaran last night that they'd find a way to blame it on N Korea.

just watch,. "it was a suicide bomber sent by Kim Jong un"

just wait.

Back