Tv re-tuning?

Bpool77

Senior Retro Guru
Turned the tv on on wednesday and a message popped up saying press this button to retune, new channels avaliable.
Pressed it made a brew job done, stick BBC 1 on its unwatchable constantly braking up and BBC 2? and i am missing vital man channels ie Dave and 172 to 180 :oops: are missing to????
Its a Huawei youveiw talk talk box Ive reset it ect still no joy? and theres no button on the remote that says settings and only a reset button
on the back???? anyone got any ideas? Im trying to watch the F1(just finished so calming down now!) and its breaking up every 20 secs :evil: Plus the masters is on tommorow too :evil: :evil:
Thanks Daz.

Hello 4g mobile phones!!!

There was a thing in the paper saying 4g was knackering freeview signal in certain parts of the country, sounds like you could be one of the unlucky ones...

I bet it has found two transmitters for BBC1 and has loaded the weakest to the top. Best is a manual channel sort.

It cannot be 4G interference as it was working fine before the re-scan of channels.

Just retuned again no joy? Spent 25 mins on the phone listening to a computer got nowhere? :?
Will try the manual way if I can Suss it out? Thanks D

Look down lower in the channel list, I bet you will find another BBC1. If it's better, swap it to the top.
You can often tune by manually entering the channel numbers (e.g. 34, 44 etc).

See here to find them out: http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/

Don't get me wrong, the 4G interference problem is real, but the fact that the problems started with a retune suggests it's the wrong transmitter being selected by the box, not interference.

ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! :evil:

Just retuned the tv again now lost 20+ channels??? wtf??? no bbc at all now and I cant manualy tune channels in its all done through the youveiw (should be youpoo) box I can see it getting drop kicked over the balcony today :twisted:

Bpool77":2sg3i4ok said:
ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! :evil:

Just retuned the tv again now lost 20+ channels??? wtf??? no bbc at all now and I cant manualy tune channels in its all done through the youveiw (should be youpoo) box I can see it getting drop kicked over the balcony today :twisted:

I've never understood that mentality.

I've never yet found one piece of tech that's been improved by drop-kicking it over a balcony. Not a one.

In fact - and I'm fairly confident in this - I think I can say with some authority, it will be considerable reduced in function, afterwards.

This advice has been a courtesy - I normally charge. I'm 50/50 on sending you an invoice - which, also, don't improve by being drop-kicked over a balcony.

I'm available for after-dinner speeches and bar mitzvahs, too...

Sorted. The drop kick wasn't needed :LOL:
You could send a invoice but Ill just have to file it away with all the other bills till next Julvember :?

Bpool77":ji7rr505 said:
Sorted. The drop kick wasn't needed :LOL:

Smashing.

I think you need to be a pukka engineer to properly pull off percussive maintenance. Alliteration, doncha just love it.

Bpool77":ji7rr505 said:
You could send a invoice but Ill just have to file it away with all the other bills till next Julvember :?

Is that like one of those themed things like Burning Man? I once saw an episode of Malcolm in the Middle about that, so I think I can fairly claim to be an expert.

Back