67 mph in a 30 zone, nearly kill someone and ten months?

I was astonished at the leniency of the sentence.

Prevention is a whole other matter, if you mean preventing the accident in the first place.

One thing we could have is minimum terms for dangerous driving.

He wasn't just a few mph over the limit.

The ban should also have been a lot more. The argument for jailing violent criminals for long terms is protection of the public. Surely taking this guy's license away for ten years would fulfil the same brief, and he could find other work or carry on in a non driving capacity when he gets out of prison.

Speed cameras on every corner.

Get morons who think that excessive speed is OK off the roads and raise a bit of revenue to plug the deficit at the same time.... Win-win.

I favour a black box in every car.

We have the tech to do this quite easily, and would even be able to disable cars remotely when stolen, etc.

I would also like to see much lower speed limits, and better enforcing of them.

It is not unusual to see a lorry travelling at 70 plus on our A roads, yet they are supposed to be limited mechanically.

In town I see no reason for lorries to be travelling more than twenty.

We would all agree that driving like a dick does no good (cycling forums are full of these kind of threads) but do any cyclists actually get off their arse and really DO anything about it?

Before you ask, I have written to my MP (to no avail) and will continue to do so.

Any others please post here what you have done. I am interested, this is not a "put-down" or "slanging match".

Keep it clean. ;)

i'd like to see tougher sentences for dangerous driving.
anyone causing death by driving should be banned from driving for life.
also anyone driving under the influence of drink or drugs should also be banned from driving for life.
a vehicle is like a weapon in the wrong hands.

Report anything you see to the police, get your neighbours to do it too.

If they don't get told, how do they know anything happens?

Latest posts

Back