AA batteries

russ77

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Can anyone tell me where's the cheapest place to get hold of lots of good quality AA batteries over the counter? I need lots today but every time I buy them I have the sneaking suspicion that the shop next door is selling the same thing far more cheaply. I always leave it til the last minute to buy the things so never have the time to shop around.

They are for a baby monitor so needn't be top notch.

Cheers, T..

:shock: we all heard that :LOL:

I always get AA's for my cameras etc from Tesco, they seem to alternate between Duracell ultra and Energizer ultimate on buy one get one free at £3.99 for 4, both damn good batteries though :cool:

Get one of those big square ones with springs on top,smash it up,inside is loads of AAs.

Check the maths first,but when I did it,it worked out cheaper,and I got to smash something up,win-win situation.

careful now":2ghzedya said:
Get one of those big square ones with springs on top,smash it up,inside is loads of AAs.

Check the maths first,but when I did it,it worked out cheaper,and I got to smash something up,win-win situation.

You learn something new everyday! *goes off to find one to smash up*

Supermarkets or alternatively Maplin (who were doing big packs of 24).

The Poundland-type ones are often old fashioned non-Alkaline (zinc-carbon) ones, which leak like the good old Ever-Readys of 1975.

rosstheboss":23ahqwd3 said:
Ahem *looks over each shoulder, beckons you close and whispers in your ear:* Halfords
1 for Halfords. Got loads there a while back and still havent got through them all.

Plus, put the baby monitor under the orange awnings they have outside the stores and they will fit them for you while you wait.

We buy packs of 6 Polaroid AA Alkaline batteries for 99p in the local 'Family Bargains' store (used to be poundland or something like that)..
Use them in the XBOX controllers, digital cameras etc. and they last really well.

I was using so many i ended up biting the bullet and buying about 20 AA, 16 AAA's and 4 each of C & D cells and a couple of 9V. Cost me about £60 including charger which sounds alot but they've paid for themselves within a year and only 2 AAA's have failed.

Back