Short Fat and Ugly

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Tonight I tried to talk to my 20 yr old son and I felt he thought I was an embarrassment so I wrote him a private message on facebook, he won't have me as a friend although I sent him a request, and he gave me the biggest hug I've had from him since e was 7 years old. I just wanted to say I know I don't match up to any of my children's expectations because I'm not the perfect looking mother like his friends mothers. but I'm the mother he used to think I was the bees knees when he was 7. I hope now he understands me more.

How do you get on with your oldest?

Alison

Isaac_AG":1a965un4 said:
How do you get on with your oldest?Alison

Not through facebook

As a parent your job is to give them the skills and tools to become an adult, if there is love in there too then even better but as we have all done as we get older we view our parents differently. I would say for me anyway it wasn't till the 30's that I started to feel close to my dad again not because there was ever a distance but more through my 20's I was finding my own feet and busy with my own stuff

The way you view yourself may not be the way he views you so I wouldn't go overly thinking too much on that

alison....dont be offended, i wouldn't 'friend' my mum on facebook either and i'm 37. but i love her to bits. from a sons perspective, all you have to do is be loving and understanding. give him a few more years and you will 'get him back', he's just in that unfortunate time 14-24 when he knows better than you :)

gavinda":3mk2t1xv said:
alison....dont be offended, i wouldn't 'friend' my mum on facebook either and i'm 37. but i love her to bits. from a sons perspective, all you have to do is be loving and understanding. give him a few more years and you will 'get him back', he's just in that unfortunate time 14-24 when he knows better than you :)
Just out of interest, why wouldn't you "friend" your mum on facebook?

Hey he prob thinks the sun shines out you whats it but its hard to let a parent know it sometimes :D you sound like the kind of person who is a good and caring mum.

Neil":3bvm9jo5 said:
gavinda":3bvm9jo5 said:
Just out of interest, why wouldn't you "friend" your mum on facebook?

because i don't necessarily want my mum to see everything i get up to :xmas-wink: . my sisters can show her stuff about me, but they act as a 'filter'.

we had a major issue last year when i posted some pics on my fb account of a night out with our NCT friends. their were some 'amusing' photos involving fake penises a'la groucho mask and her sister went mental because her nieces also saw them. simple solution was to unfriend my sis in law. anyone who is in the slightest bit prudish does not belong on my friendlist.

Same sentiments as me. I 'inadvertantly' joined facebook, then quickly added to my introduction 'sod off' as I could not work out how to cancel/delete!

Chopper1192":3k79kqnu said:
I've got both a life and a dislike of appearing on Jeremy Kyle, so I'm not on Farcebook.

A lot of his friends have their mothers on Facebook. But beside that I have had to put up with being not as pretty as other mums and my so have my children and I will always be embarrassed for them but I know they care for me even if I don't, unconditional love from children and for children is the most fantastic of all :D

Alison

Back