Why animals?

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I don't understand why anyone keeps animals when they don't care. I had a cat as a child that my dad rescued and I loved it. Now I don't love animals can't be bothered to walk dogs and pick up poop so guess what I don't have them so why do so many people have dogs that they don't do anything with? All my neighbours have dogs but none of them walk their dogs, I know what I'm willing to do why don't they? Really bothers me.

Alison

for the love they give you, and they don't want the latest x-box game all the time. Although some of the problems are that problems, I dislike picking up the poo and the dog waste with the worm in that's on the lawn now, I'm building myself up to going and picking it up.

Because some people are irresponsible and selfish, i know a guy with a Boxer, he bought it despite being advised against it as they need lots of excercise, he wanted a Boxer and that was that, the dog is now eight years old and has hip and joint problems due to being shut in the small kitchen all day while he's at work, also years ago my sister bought a dog for her two kids, the kids grew up, lost interest in the dog, the dog became a liability with them arguing who should take it out, the dog (a lovely natured large Collie) soldiered on till fairly old age but did'nt have much of a life :cry:
I have a small Jack russell cross, take her out most days, get a neighbour to take her out when i'm working, does'nt actually take much to look after animals but some are incabable of even that and dont think of the long term when they are buying them.

We have a couple of horses and the situation is the same.

I really don't understand why people take on the commitment required to keep horses when most of them apparently do not have the time, skills and most importantly the money required, many also seem to have no empathy, understanding of management techniques and are completely ignorant of the Animal Welfare Act, which I think is the case with many dog / cat / pet owners too.

I'm with you Alison in being completely mystified as to why people take on animals they don't want, don't like and have not the slightest interest in.

My daughter is a dog walker for a local dogs home, as she loves walking and loves dogs, but as she works full time and long hours, she knows she could not offer the level of care needed and which she would wish to give a dog if she owed one.

spike3":p3oxwgns said:
for the love they give you, and they don't want the latest x-box game all the time. Although some of the problems are that problems, I dislike picking up the poo and the dog waste with the worm in that's on the lawn now, I'm building myself up to going and picking it up.

Christ the Xbox the and Wii is nothing, also cleaning baby poo in washable nappies, which is what I did in the days when they needed it. I think it is because it is not human that bothers me, at least baby pooh stops when they are 3 or even less.

Alison

Isaac_AG":kxxeruk1 said:
spike3":kxxeruk1 said:

Christ the Xbox the and Wii is nothing, also cleaning baby poo in washable nappies, which is what I did in the days when they needed it. I think it is because it is not human that bothers me, at least baby pooh stops when they are 3 or even less.

Alison

when you get a dog as a puppy, and you know everything it eats, its not so bad picking up your own dogs poop. Helps if your dog's are small too and eat a proper diet with fibre.

we have a hamster :) it's so much easier than a dog, you dont even have to pick it up to move it out the way of the suction hose on the hoover when you clean it out, it's a win win situiation, it's gets exercise running away and we get entertained chasing it about the cage :twisted:

if my youngest reads this I am a dead man! all my bikes I leave to the mrs so I can annoy after I'm gone :twisted:

JamesM":24ic0srq said:
Pet Rocks!!!

nooooo have you seen the size of litter tray you need for those things?
egypt-sand-dunes-300632-ga.jpg

Back