Worried about posting but...

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I was brought up in a very left wing family my step dad was an ageing hippy my mum a punk and I had an older brother and sister. We owned a small holding and my parents had underprivileged children to stay for holidays sent to us by the social services (scum bags the lot of them) I will explain if requested.

Now my sister hates anyone of Chinese, Japanese or of Indian origin, I'm sure she would hate anyone of African origin if my foster brother was not so.

I have heard so much from my nephew and even on this site that Asians are here to rob us off our benefits, steal our women and jobs and take over the country with their religion as my nephew reminds me daily on Facebook.

I have seen Horizon programs that show that illegal immigrants are forced to work for a pittance and then live in squalid conditions in shared accommodations at ridiculous rents because they cannot get benefits. I know that women have seeked asylum here because they have been tortured with rape only to be sent back because the British government do not class rape as tortured yet I'm sure every raped woman would say it was so.

It is a myth that illegal immigrants and asylum seekers get millions of pounds each in benefits, drive fast cars and live in mansions, they don't.

I'm not saying that border controls should not exist just not assume that every foreigner that comes into the country from less affluent countries is on the scrounge because of our generosity, a lot of our doctors are from Asian countries because our doctors have left for better money in Australia and America where they are paid so much better.

I just think it so easy to be be judgemental about this before we have the full facts, some just take a cheap tabloid point of view.

Alison

There is a big difference between immigrants and illegal immigrants, something that the current government and daily fail readers should take notice of!

Yes but if the Daily Fasc... sorry, Mail, says that they're doing all that stuff then it MUST BE TRUE!! The free press would only report the truth, after all!

For every genuine victim of torture seeking asylum here, there are probably half a dozen other immigrants just looking for an easy life. And for every one of those, there are probably two dozen British natives already sponging off the state.

Frankly, I personally couldn't give a toss what percentage of our population has different colour skin or odd-shaped eyes. I find the majority of white British residents rather repulsive, so it can't really get much worse IMO. I do, however, find a quite delicious irony in the fact that the recent owners of the world's biggest, most intrusive and culturally destructive, military-driven empire can take such deep offense at the presence of foreigners on their own shores.

totally agree with you Alison, im constantly getting in arguments with friends for sharing crap on facebook, sometimes I wonder if the tabloids come up with this crap to distract from whats really going on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-21828707

kid comes to England and dosen't speak a word of English but manages to get 14 GCSE's then as soon as he turns 18 we kick him out again. how many kids here could manage that. were a country of double standards

I have friends and relatives who are like you describe, Alison. Moaning that immigrants take all the jobs that our young men and women should have. Bollox! The jobs most immigrants do are the ones no-one else will do anyway. It pisses me off that people can be so narrow minded.

Before I moved to Cardiff I hadn't had much exposure to different Race, Cultures or Religions. I met some really cool people from all over the World working in kitchens. Although, it's not so one sided, my friends parents from Iraq and Jordan both said to be weary of western ways.

I think the same rule applies to all races or cultures, there's good and bad in them all, and you can't tarnish a whole group of people by the behavior of a few. Add to the fact that a lot of the immigrants in this country come from place with very rich Culture and traditions and are very proud people.

I just hope for his sake that your nephew never requires hospital treatment, as there are a lot of skilled, hard working and extremely well educated Asian doctors in the NHS.

As for immigrants, that's for the Govt. and others to sort out, b*gger all I can do about it.

Back