Plastic Sheds! Any good?

OldFatTi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Any retro biker will love a good shed, I'm looking to get one and like the look of plastic sheds from Keter etc.

Anyone got any experience with them... good or bad?

Also considering metal so any advice hugely appreciated.

Can't be bothered with wood though, IME it rots, takes too much maintenence and gets an arse whooping from the weather!

Cheers all :)

Can't comment on Plastic, but I wouldn't touch metal sheds, as they have a habit of condensation forming on the roof, then dripping on your stuff.

Wood for me.

Interior rain! Nice!

Seen some that have a non metallic insulated type roof on the inside, looked good but pretty expensive.

The wooden shed in my Dad's garden must be 40 years old, wood preserver and a new felt roof every 5 to 10 years and it will probably last another 40.

Do you want it to outlast the pyramids? :D

yep ive got a small metal one, cant keep anything decent in it, going to have to line the roof with something

Plastic are terrible. There is a huge difference between a poorly made wooden shed and a half decent one. The latter will last many years with relatively little maintenance.

Wood is generally the least expensive option as well.

Wood every time, i have tried the metal - galvanised so it would not rust, mine went rusty :x

Plastic, always seemed to leak and suffered from condsation and could not treat/colour :(

Wood, as long as you treat the floor (underneath) with 2/3 coats of timber care and keep the rest treated it will last years and years. I keep a few of those condensation pots thingies in mine.

I have a radio in mine, a collections of toys including in the night garden maka paka :oops: :oops: , some gingham curtains, if things get too crazy in the house i just pop in for some 'chillin' :cool:

I have a nice wooden 'duck egg' blue shed (courtesy of freecycle) sitting at the bottom of the garden. I took the window out and put in a solid hinged door for security, made from the old floor timbers (stops the hoodies nosing) Made racking for bits and bobs. Acquired some underlay and felt (from freecycle too), a nice new aluminium handle out of one my spares boxes & voila! New levels of domesticity, all for the grand total of £20 spent on paint and timbercare!

Thank you Freecycle :xmas-wink:

Nice one!

Even though my next door neighbours of one of my workshops is a shed making firm I recycled a shed and made two for me and a mate. Still going strong after many years, just given a lick of paint.

Back