Bike stolen in Newcastle

nj_cisca

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi, hope this is the right place to post about this.
I sadly had one of my bikes stolen from Heaton/Byker area of Newcastle at about 8pm last night. It was my commuter bike built around a Merlin Malt frame with Kona P2 forks, Shimano Deore brakes and FSA seatpost, stem and chainset. The frame was hand polished with no decals and can be identified by a small dent on the down tube just up from the chainset. Obviously its not the most exotic or expensive bike but it still took a while to put together and having it nicked is inconvenient to say the least. Not being an off the shelf bike it is fairly distinctive if kept intact.
If anyone sees it advertised or out and about I would really appreciate you getting in touch so i can pass any information on to the police. Apparently a number of bikes have been taken from the area recently so any information may help track down other stolen bikes.

Heres a photo of the bike.
IMG-20130226-00136_zpsb3484504.jpg

Damn! You built it into a nice bike too.
Feel for you man, hope you get it back and the scum get justice!

Thanks for the kind words guys. yeh I was pleased with how it turned out Stew, was a really fun bike to ride. Probably the worst part was having it stolen after putting so many hours hand polishing the frame grrrr!
Looks like the theft was caught on cctv so fingers crossed.

Back