Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:43 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:51 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

Rob Atkin wrote:
So you
a) used to work with/for Royal Mail but you still used them despite allegedly seeing mail being treated badly?
b) go all the way to a post office to weigh something and get a price when you can much more easily weigh it at home and find the price online? I have NEVER got a different quote when I have done this and subsequently gone to a PO, and I frequent about 20-30 PO's around Yorkshire as I work in a large area and have visited a lot of them.
c) think you package stuff up correctly but yet it still arrives damaged? I have sold around 400 items on ebay and all the stuff on my feedback thread on here and I've never had a problem, using RM as my main delivery service.
d) insult people on here who want to discuss it with you. I can see how serving you in a PO would be a supreme pleasure, I wonder if the counter person upped the price just because of how nice you are?

I suggest you use Yodel. Their prices will suit you more, but please come back and let us know how you got on.
a) yes, you're right - I have used them, but I won't use them again.
b) I haven't got scales in the house because the set I bought arrived damaged when delivered from er, Royal Mail :shock:
c) I have just finished working for a company whom has stopped using Royal Maul because their deliveries weren't getting to the destination in one piece, and no I wasn't packing the goods. :wink:
d) He started it...

... and I won't use Yodel :P

Now, thank you for your help. Have a nice day! :D erm BTW, you don't work for Royal Mail do you?

ps. Thanks to the people whom replied with helpful answers. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:18 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Sent a recorded delivery with RM to Norway, where did it end up? Milan. Italy, seriously? Three weeks later it arrived back to me, how does that work??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:35 pm 
Retro Guru

Can't complain with Royal Mail to be honest. Cost me £3.65 to send 3 brakes in a box First Class Recorded.