To be a MAMIL you need to be associated
with one of the following:
1. A brightly coloured Specialized bike with a duff pair of wheels. Phew
2. An expensive helmet. Phew
3. A years membership of Cycling Fitness Magazine. Phew
5. A T-shirt and plastic medal from a 50km sportive. Phew
6. Hairy legs or Got
7. Shaved legs that look like you've walked through a hedge. nope
8. No mudguards in wet weather. Never!, but I'm an MTBer and getting muddy is what it's about
9. To ride in black clothing in wet weather. Phew
10. Wear shorts all year round. Guilty
11. Not saying "Hello!" to other cyclists whilst on the road. I do that
12. A paunch. Only a little one
13. Scared of mending a puncture. I can do it, but I prefer to change the tube, while on a ride
14. Can't ride in a straight line. Easy
15. Can't ride safely in a bunch. Easy
16. Can't unclip from your pedals at junctions/lights and fall off. Done that, but not for a while
17. Boast in the office that you did 100km in a sportive at the weekend for charity and you are doing another one next weekend (but it took you 12 hours). Nah, not me
18. Think an Audax is a french cake. Isn't it?
19. Believe Wiggo & Cav have won everything they have ever entered and can't name a British cyclist before them. I can name a few
20. Think Armstrong hasn't really cheated because he's done a lot of work for charity. I always knew he was a cheat
21. A MAMIL's Sunday ride starts at 11am. Shouldn't all rides start at 11?
Give 'em a year and they'll be back on the golf course, not really knowing what cycling is all about...
Never played golf in my life!
Diamond Back WCF 4.0 96; Diamond Back Axis 94; Diamond Back Axis R 96; For sale Diamond Back Axis Pro 93 frameset 19"
Gone, not forgotten: Jamis Dakar Sport 89?; Diamond Back Topanga 92; Diamond Back Ascent 93, 94 & 95