Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:53 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:16 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:20 am
Posts: 823
Location: On my sofa
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/vide ... asty-video

Well done Mr Mair :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 am 
eBay Outing Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:53 pm
Posts: 8000
Not a fan of this type of journalism, bring back andrew marr who seems to be a more accurate reporter than a shock jock


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:31 am 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5667
Location: Dorset
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 3032563652

Logan’s seven year-old son Peter said: ” I dreamt that Eddie Mair was looming over me. His big face filling my entire field of vision.

“He stared coldly into my eyes and just said ‘you, Peter Logan, are a **** liar’.

“He then listed 14 lies I had told in the last week. I asked him how he could possibly know and he smirked and said ‘we’ve made a little documentary about you Peter’.

“At that point I woke up because I had pissed myself.”
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:53 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:36 pm
Posts: 4007
Location: uk
Boris '' meaning / tenacious idiot / persistant /like recurring mold''


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:54 am 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
sylus wrote:
Not a fan of this type of journalism, bring back andrew marr who seems to be a more accurate reporter than a shock jock

This type of journalism isn't leagues away from each other - both Mair and Marr were (probably still are in the case of Mair) regulars on Radio 4.

And it's not exactly "shock jock"-ism, he was asking Boris some very awkward questions, that rather predictably, Boris didn't answer, but there's context - which is clearly Boris' aspirations, that - as part of the interview showed - he was actually rather reluctant to discuss.

I actually like journos making politicians squirm. Marr has his own skeletons, since at least for a while, he could well have been subject to being a sideline to the news himself (I'm not talking about recent health issues).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:55 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:13 pm
Posts: 2574
Location: The Cock Inn, Tillett, Herts
Of course, if Boris were the interviewer and Marr the guest it could quite easily have been the same situation but reversed, what with Marrs sneaky extra marital sex which he tried to cover up with a super injunction.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:10 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
Chopper1192 wrote:
Of course, if Boris were the interviewer and Marr the guest it could quite easily have been the same situation but reversed, what with Marrs sneaky extra marital sex which he tried to cover up with a super injunction.

Yebbut Boris has got that whole lack of coherence thing going on. He'd never be able to pull it off, without wibbling an awful lot.

I enjoy his buffoonery as much as the next guy, in a sort of schadenfreude manner, but he's got all of the downsides of politicians, but not really any of the upsides. Yes, I get, there's probably a sharpness, there, that's dressed up with a lot of wiff-waff, but all the same, he's the "politician" they drag out to appeal to those that don't really do politics, but like celebrity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:52 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:20 am
Posts: 823
Location: On my sofa
Neil wrote:
sylus wrote:
Not a fan of this type of journalism, bring back andrew marr who seems to be a more accurate reporter than a shock jock

This type of journalism isn't leagues away from each other - both Mair and Marr were (probably still are in the case of Mair) regulars on Radio 4.

And it's not exactly "shock jock"-ism, he was asking Boris some very awkward questions, that rather predictably, Boris didn't answer, but there's context - which is clearly Boris' aspirations, that - as part of the interview showed - he was actually rather reluctant to discuss.

I actually like journos making politicians squirm. Marr has his own skeletons, since at least for a while, he could well have been subject to being a sideline to the news himself (I'm not talking about recent health issues).


+1 we need to know exactly the calibre and mindset of people who want to control our lives.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group