I am sick of.....

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I am not a wuss, I am not the sort of person who is always cold. I can cope with cold quite well in most situations.

However, I've had enough.

I am sick of being cold.
I am sick of having to wear a jumper
I am sick of calculating how long it will take the car to warm up before I can turn the heating on.
I am sick of checking the temperature on the heating at home.
I am sick of walking into a room and checking the radiator is warm or not.
I am sick of getting another hot drink to keep me warm.
I am sick of not being able to sit outside without looking like an arctic explorer.
I am sick of checking whether or not I have suitable waterproof/wind proof/warm clothes/boots in the car or not.
I am sick of things always being dirty or cold or slippery.
I am sick of sprayed up mud and water on the bike.
I am sick of mud and salty roads and paying for windscreen washer fluid and cleaning the car.
I am sick of rain
I am sick of snow
I am sick of sleet
I am sick of that biting wind that takes your breath away.

I want to feel some warmth on my skin.
I want to see the car a bit dusty after 2 weeks driving.
I want to see dusty trails.
I want to see shorts and t-shirts.
I want to switch on the AC in the car to keep things cool, not to demist.
I want to KNOW that I won't need a coat in the morning.
I want to use sunglasses for sunny weather.
I want to smell summer in the air, to appreciate a summer breeze.
I want to see glistening sweat on my forearms while on the bike.

I, as a proud Englishman, appreciate our weather is varied, mixed, prone to change. I like it like that.

But please, someone please bring me a proper spring or summer. I promise I won't waste it again, I'll appreciate it and make use of it.

Please?

For all the reasons above, last night I booked two weeks in Lanzarote... I need sun and warmth.

Russell":37x20n5e said:
For all the reasons above, last night I booked two weeks in Lanzarote... I need sun and warmth.

Selfish swine.. what about the rest of us!

My drive home last night was in sub zero temperatures with whiteout conditions on the open, windswept parts. Last year on the 20th it was 23C.

taffy":uq2qx9qj said:
Russell":uq2qx9qj said:

If you can fit in my holdall and weigh less than 20kg, you're more than welcome to join me.

Russell":307rikvf said:
taffy":307rikvf said:
Russell":307rikvf said:

If you can fit in my holdall and weigh less than 20kg, you're more than welcome to join me.

Ooh Ive never traveled 1st class before! :LOL:

I still find it hard to fathom that 'other' people rise in the morning to a warm day and that happened 90% throughout the year
Christmas day spent at the beach :shock: Just cant get my head around it :? To me it sounds like Heaven on Earth.
I dont think there is anyone in any other country on the whole of the planet, that dreams about a cold and soggy climate at their ideal destination.Willing to put money on it in fact :LOL:

UPDATE:

Stuck my head out the side door at work. It's started to snow again. Awesome.

A6264B69-9933-4504-9E85-2DDC34B6DD54-11348-000009E7CDD9C0BB_zpsccaca16a.jpg

Here's your problem: Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

I lived in Sheffield, South Yorkshire for three years, my flip-flops kept going soggy and I had to buy long trousers and everything. :shock:

Move to the Costa del Kent with us soft southern shandy drinkers, we quite often see this big bright shiny thing in the sky, don't ever recall seeing it in Sheffield. :D

Back