Is Peter Kay

He's nothing like Dave Alan of my youth, as a Catholic he was hilarious even my my mum, a real catholic thought he was funny

Alison

I used to think he was very good, a few years back saw him live a couple of times.

I think his best work was Phoenix Nights (although the Peter Kay thing was very good), and that seemed to be so due to writing collaboration with Spikey and Fitzmaurice, both of whom he seems to have alienated since.

More solo projects (Max and Paddy, that talent show spoof) have seemed rather limp in comparison. And <deity> only knows what he's been doing the last few years, he seems to have disappeared up his own 'ariss a bit.

If Kay is a crap teenagers comedian then wtf is Lenny Henry?

Nobody's comedian. A BBC token, and a particularly shite one at that. Painful.

I do a bit of work with Daniel Kitson and he can't stand him or his act. This is the Wiki entry about it.

He did appear in an episode of That Peter Kay Thing, The Arena, and as the recurring character Spencer in Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights, a move that Peter Kay said "of all the great things he's done, this is what he's least proud of, the bastard." on the show's DVD commentary. He then said, "the bastard" each time Kitson appeared. The rift is such that when Phoenix Nights out-takes were screened in April 2006, Kitson's face was pixellated out in some scenes. Kitson himself has been quite outspoken in his dislike of Kay and his experiences on Phoenix Nights, calling Kay "comedically lazy and overrated", and an "obnoxious bully of a man". According to Chortle, it is a show Kitson considers "lazy and racist". He has vowed to eschew future television projects of this nature, and any future work with Kay

He's not very funny anymore is he? Just seen his new comic relief song, which is just "James" singing "Sit Down" whilst Mr Kay sits down, somewhat surreal, but I don't think intentionally so (I could be wrong here, it's happened once before :) )

Goodnight..and may your god be with you.

Says Dave Allen and there's a night devoted to him sometime soon :)

Back