Does anyone think that bands

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Should write there own songs? JLS and One Direction are just crap XFactor made rubbish that would not know what a real song was if it hit them not like the Rolling Stones.

Alison

I suspect it's not the lack of songwriting that annoys you, but the fact that the songs themselves are utter sh1te, and are performed with all the soul and passion of a cold, wet turd.
There have always been bands/artists that don't write their own songs. However, in the (fairly distant) past, most bands actually performed live, with instruments, even if the songs weren't their own. Now, when it's just choreographed performances, it's hard to feel anything but disdain verging on hatred.

and they should all have served their time on the pub circuit too...
I roadied for a mate in the past. Picture this - Brixton Fair Deal , early 80s, winter, late , party for a Hells Angel just out of nick. I would tell you it was exciting, but I crapped myself all night. Got raided too !Old Bill felt sorry for the bands and let us go.

What are they going to write about though? Pushy parents?

Before the BBC saw fit to merge local radio stations, a Sunday evening treat while I did a roast was "Introducing the South" , two hours of local unsigned bands. There is still hope, and it's a lot cheaper for them to get their music out there. Trouble is, like decent pharmaceuticals, it's a lot harder for us old farts to find it!

I was born of the Sex Pistols, the Stiff Little Fingers and the Jam, a mixture of music but all sang and written from the situations they were brought up in, real music. What happened to that?

Alison

Maximo Park, The Villagers, Django Django, dare I say it Noel Gallagher can all write some good stuff, it's all out there you've just got to find it!

Isaac_AG":3i0m9nnx said:
I was born of the Sex Pistols, the Stiff Little Fingers and the Jam, a mixture of music but all sang and written from the situations they were brought up in, real music. What happened to that?

Alison

It is still there but you have to look hard to find it.

Back