Rain

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've had enough :x the trails are saturated, horses and bikes have ripped them up. I've had a few trips over the border to Wales where the trail centres are but mostly it is the Surrey slurry or Chilterns mud bath. I was intending to dust off the DBR and race on Sunday, but why wreck it? A road ride or miserable slog on the winter bike beckons followed by an hour of cleaning. :facepalm:

Fug it.

SP

Totally agree mate. Off the bike for a little anyway but had hoped to get some more miles in beforehand that didnt involve a full scale scrub down after all the time!

I've signed up for the 132km Chilterns mtb challenge, that is going to be savage if it is wet, lots of claggy clay for over 80 miles :shock:

Splatter Paint":az40z8az said:
I've signed up for the 132km Chilterns mtb challenge, that is going to be savage if it is wet, lots of claggy clay for over 80 miles :shock:

is that the bucks off road sprotiv?

why oh why did my spell check make 'mudgaurds' into 'murderous'?? Has the damp got to my computer too?

Splatter Paint":3ta3iicn said:
A miserable slog on the winter bike beckons followed by an hour of cleaning. :facepalm:

Fug it.

SP
It's where singlespeeds come into their own - but I agree, I'm sick of it too. A miserable "summer" and then an even worse winter.

DRy as a bone here, and I'm only ten miles from you... :?
Two weeks ago it was nastie and I managed to wear out my disc pads in a two hour ride, but the trees are drinking like Russian sailors on shore leave, and it's the best riding conditions possible!

Murderous mudguards! Yep, got 'em fitted on the winter bike and on the road bike. The bikes still get plastered. Single-speed may be the way to go, every moving part still gets hammered though, despite decent components. It is indeed the Bucks sportive.

SP

Back