If you're thinking of buying some proper lights ...

Kestonian

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
... do it.

I thought my 2 x £40 Cateye jobbies were good until tonight when I went for a ride with some guys with some proper ones.

I thought it was dawn when they switched those bad boys on - very impressed!

Can't remember the brands but will find out if anyone's interested

Woody, night riding is the new day time, well for me anyway :LOL:
A good HID set up is hard to beat :cool: and some of the newer more powerful led's are up there too these days. I'm running a light and motion
hid and its awesome ;) Some people[allwayshorizontal] run 2 :shock:
he's just greedy :LOL: Gone are the days of a small yellowy circle on the ground.

Kids asleep? Check

Wife asleep? Check

Quick ride around the woods ... this is how I'll get my fix this Summer and I guess it's the same for you!

You should check your sig though ... people will think you called your first-born "Repack Rider" ;)

Yes very true :LOL: its so easy to escape in the later hours!!
Plus these days work takes up so much time :evil:
Changing avatar now...cheers ;)

Kestonian":zky0e5e4 said:
... do it.

I thought my 2 x £40 Cateye jobbies were good until tonight when I went for a ride with some guys with some proper ones.

I thought it was dawn when they switched those bad boys on - very impressed!

Can't remember the brands but will find out if anyone's interested

Got some nice non-HID ones under the bed [?!!?] waiting for a charge.. Best thing is to get a HID head/helmet light if nothing else.. Need to get out on those Night Rides..

Whereabouts do you go? My "local woodland" is Barons Court Cemetary :shock:

I went out to Box Hill with a chap from work - 40 mins on the train from Clapham, I think, to Dorking and straight onto the trails (but I drove).

One of them had a twin lamp Lumicycle set up. I thought morning had come when he switched them on!

Kestonian":18r2a1bb said:
One of them had a twin lamp Lumicycle set up. I thought morning had come when he switched them on!

If that shocked you then don't ask about the price...if they were the HID badboys then they are £460.00 a set.... :shock: :shock:

Best (brightest) lights you can buy though, but you gotta be doing a LOT of night rides for those kind of shekels.

i do a nite ride in & around cwmcarn & lower brecon beacons area on a wed nite if peps wanna tag along :)
after much experimenting a headlight & a bar mounted light is the best option

Woody - I'm hooked on night rides. Think as Heathy says, they are the new day rides.

Roon, chaps, if any of you fancy a nice 2hr Sussex eve loop sometime, I have a good loop just right for average battery burn time. Really flowing.

Could do some weekend late afternoon/ eve if you liked.

Intend to organise a dawn ride in summer. That should be lovely. And a breakky afterwards.

Latest posts

Back