Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:49 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:48 am 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:56 pm
Posts: 258
CTK wrote:
as far as i'm concerned anyone who came here after the celts can f''k off.

Immigrants bring in more money than they cost, the extra children they are having will pay our pensions. Its unsustainable of course but what are the alternatives?

Hang on a minute, so you're telling us that everyone who came here after the Celts can go back home, but they can stay and pay for our pension??? :?

Also, how can they bring in more money, when they are taking the taxes they earnt here back to their own native land??? :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:46 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 237
Location: Birmingham
scottmac wrote:
technodup wrote:
That twat should be literally unelectable.


Every Tory government makes it harder for the working class, and I mean the real working class,
Our forefathers fought for this? :roll:



Funny you say that as I class myself as working class and I've always had to pay more when Labour gets into power and what's even more strange is that I'm only just getting myself back on my feet and the last thing I want is labour back to screw me over again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:51 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 9729
Location: Skipton
I work in the Public Service and can assure you I'm far worse off with the current mob in charge. Going to get worse after the budget too. :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:03 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 237
Location: Birmingham
brocklanders023 wrote:
I work in the Public Service and can assure you I'm far worse off with the current mob in charge. Going to get worse after the budget too. :evil:



Not tarring you with the same brush here but all the "public sector" workers who I know 6 at counting all complain about this that and the other but I always point out to them

A: The actually earn more than I do
B: They get more holidays than I do
C: They actually "have" a pension
D: They all get "sick pay" over the statutory.

Now again I'm not tarring you with that brush but instead of saying "public" say which branch because there's lots of public workers that get crappy deals (nurses, care assistants,police) but there's also a lot of public workers that are actually doing ok compared to the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:14 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
Signal11th wrote:
scottmac wrote:
technodup wrote:
That twat should be literally unelectable.

Every Tory government makes it harder for the working class, and I mean the real working class,
Our forefathers fought for this? :roll:

Funny you say that as I class myself as working class and I've always had to pay more when Labour gets into power and what's even more strange is that I'm only just getting myself back on my feet and the last thing I want is labour back to screw me over again.

I put myself firmly working class, probably middle-england in terms of what I get / the household gets, and I'm not better off, probably worse off, since the tories have been back in - sorry, I was completely forgetting about the coalition, imagine that, how could I forget...

As to the various attributes of Labour and Conservative, well all I have to say on the subject is that Blair was twice the tory that Cameron will never be...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:36 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 9729
Location: Skipton
Signal11th wrote:
brocklanders023 wrote:
I work in the Public Service and can assure you I'm far worse off with the current mob in charge. Going to get worse after the budget too. :evil:



Not tarring you with the same brush here but all the "public sector" workers who I know 6 at counting all complain about this that and the other but I always point out to them

A: The actually earn more than I do
B: They get more holidays than I do
C: They actually "have" a pension
D: They all get "sick pay" over the statutory.

Now again I'm not tarring you with that brush but instead of saying "public" say which branch because there's lots of public workers that get crappy deals (nurses, care assistants,police) but there's also a lot of public workers that are actually doing ok compared to the rest of us.



I'm a Fire Fighter. It is a fact that I am worse off with this lot. It is also a fact that it's going to get worse after the budget.

Do not get me started on pensions. Expect to see this becoming a big news story for the Fire Service in the near future.

I'll say the same to you as I do to others that moan about the conditions in the Public Sector compared to their own. If it's such a bed of roses why on earth have you not got a job in the Public Service? If it's as good as you say then surely you must be stupid if you don't work in that sector?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:50 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 237
Location: Birmingham
brocklanders023 wrote:
Signal11th wrote:
brocklanders023 wrote:
I work in the Public Service and can assure you I'm far worse off with the current mob in charge. Going to get worse after the budget too. :evil:



Not tarring you with the same brush here but all the "public sector" workers who I know 6 at counting all complain about this that and the other but I always point out to them

A: The actually earn more than I do
B: They get more holidays than I do
C: They actually "have" a pension
D: They all get "sick pay" over the statutory.

Now again I'm not tarring you with that brush but instead of saying "public" say which branch because there's lots of public workers that get crappy deals (nurses, care assistants,police) but there's also a lot of public workers that are actually doing ok compared to the rest of us.



I'm a Fire Fighter. It is a fact that I am worse off with this lot. It is also a fact that it's going to get worse after the budget.

Do not get me started on pensions. Expect to see this becoming a big news story for the Fire Service in the near future.

I'll say the same to you as I do to others that moan about the conditions in the Public Sector compared to their own. If it's such a bed of roses why on earth have you not got a job in the Public Service? If it's as good as you say then surely you must be stupid if you don't work in that sector?



You mention pensions, count yourself lucky you have one no matter what it is, I can't afford to put into a pension ergo I don't have one. Believe I've tried to get into the Public side 3 times now with the NHS only to be told I don't have enough experience in the "public sector" environment.

You can counter claim against your argument by saying if you're so unhappy with your lot in the public sector you can always leave and join us in the private and have 20 days a year holiday 30mins lunch break and statutory sick pay when you're off.. Although I will agree with the fact of when you were employed you were entitled to this that and the other the government shouldn't be allowed to change that and also your a firefighter you should get paid basically because your job can be bloody dangerous.


Last edited by Signal11th on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:00 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
Signal11th wrote:
You mention pensions, count yourself lucky you have one no matter what it is, I can't afford to put into a pension ergo I don't have one.

I really don't get this at all...

I started paying into pension schemes from my first full-time job at the age of 18 - and believe me, I wasn't earning much then. Think my first salary for a full-time job, in '88, was £4300 - that was private sector. Within about 3 months I got another job (public sector) probably earning £5-6k a year.

Even then, that was crap money, really - I just don't get this "can't afford pension" lark. Did you opt out from the outset, and now it's unaffordable, or have you been paying at times, but can no longer afford, now?

The problem for many, is they see it as optional. Really, though, the best way of looking at it, is like tax (as an overhead) or mortgage payments - because it falls into the same / similar category - enforced savings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:03 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 237
Location: Birmingham
Neil wrote:
Signal11th wrote:
You mention pensions, count yourself lucky you have one no matter what it is, I can't afford to put into a pension ergo I don't have one.

I really don't get this at all...

I started paying into pension schemes from my first full-time job at the age of 18 - and believe me, I wasn't earning much then. Think my first salary for a full-time job, in '88, was £4300 - that was private sector. Within about 3 months I got another job (public sector) probably earning £5-6k a year.

Even then, that was crap money, really - I just don't get this "can't afford pension" lark. Did you opt out from the outset, and now it's unaffordable, or have you been paying at times, but can no longer afford, now?

The problem for many, is they see it as optional. Really, though, the best way of looking at it, is like tax (as an overhead) or mortgage payments - because it falls into the same / similar category - enforced savings.


I have squat at the end of the month mate, I juggle what bills get paid from month to month, hence the reason I travel to work on a much looked after nearly 20 year old mountain bike and as I said previously I'm only now after what 7 years finally managing to have some money in my account at the end of the month.


Last edited by Signal11th on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:04 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 9729
Location: Skipton
Signal11th wrote:

You mention pensions, count yourself lucky you have one no matter what it is, I can't afford to put into a pension ergo I don't have one. Believe I've tried to get into the Public side 3 times now with the NHS only to be told I don't have enough experience in the "public sector" environment.

You can counter claim against your argument by saying if you're so unhappy with your lot in the public sector you can always leave and join us in the private. Although I will agree with the fact of when you were employed you were entitled to this that and the other the government shouldn't be allowed to change that.




I'm not unhappy in it and never said I was but my original point is still a fact, I'm worse off under this lot then I was under Labour (who were no friend to the Fire Service themselves). When those in charge have to change the law to take off me what I was promised and have paid for you know something's wrong.

IMO the Tories, and now the Libs by default, do a lot of what they do because they want to, not because they have to. the economic crash just gives them a good excuse.

If you want to talk about pensions then check this out. The changes they are trying to force through to my pension will actually cost them money, in both the short and long term. How does that work then?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CTK and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group