qfc univercity district

portland:
john's market
brewery creek
:LOL:
roy

i like ipa's.

Re: places in Seattle and Portland

Seattle? Recycled Cycles...I think it's on Boat Street, in the U district (or just south of it).

And go for a ride along the Burke-Gilman trail where it cuts along Lake Washington---great trail, although it's paved.

Portland is all about food:

Pok Pok: Thai fusion. Fish sauce chicken wings
Voo Doo donuts: It's an institution.
Stumptown coffee: all over
Koi Fusion: Korean Mexican cart (truck)

I would also always recommend the Chihuly glass exhibit in Seattle. This sculpture is about 15 ft tall:

Attachments

• Chihuly1.jpg
    Chihuly1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 311

The first original Starbucks, if you're in to that kind of thing. I did it just for the sake of saying I did it. And I don't frequent starbucks or even drink coffee for that matter! :LOL:

Also the grave of Bruce Lee and his son Brandon Lee.

Fish market there was kind of cool. But being from the west-coast already maybe not for you.

If you do the Voo Doo donuts don't go to the one downtown. THere's another location that is less busy. Mother's Bistro is good eats, Pine State biscuits, and Screendoor restaurant! If you want to do shopping go to Tigard mall and Woodburn oulets!

Seattle is great too, but the family usually stay in Lynnwood and go to Alderwood mall. THere's a NOrdstrom and Nordstrom Rack close to each other. We eat a ton at Black Angus (prime rib). If you go down to the Public Market in Seattle, be really patient!!!! Parking is a premium and its SUPER busy! If you want a good quantity of seafood try The Crab Pot!

CHeers!

Lid":1nepbbb0 said:
Portland is all about food

And beer, according to a pal of mine who went on a business trip there a few months back. :)

David

If you want to see some nice old bikes and a cool bike shop go to Velocult in Portland. Call ahead to see the owner Sky will be there. Maybe you will get the grand tour of the shop and vintage bikes.

http://velocult.com/

One more thing....If you are going to buy something expensive, buy it in Oregon. There is no sales tax in Oregon. You will save around 8% to 9% from Washington.

Latest posts

Back