Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:26 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Winding down
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:36 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

One more day at work, then off to Obergurgl for the annual ski trip - can't wait!
Typical though - no back/hip problems for about 5 years, then 2 weeks prior to skiing, I injure myself overdoing the squatting in the gym!
3 sessions at the chiropractor and £110 later, I think I'm fixed (fingers crossed!)!
Plenty of painkillers and Jagermeister I think!

Then when I get back, Stiff Little Fingers gig, followed by the rebuild of my 95 Orange E3 (for the second time!)

Post subject: Re: Winding down
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:45 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Location: Completely in the dark, thanks to me good mate Terry....
azaro wrote:
One more day at work, then off to Obergurgl for the annual ski trip - can't wait!
Typical though - no back/hip problems for about 5 years, then 2 weeks prior to skiing, I injure myself overdoing the squatting in the gym!
3 sessions at the chiropractor and £110 later, I think I'm fixed (fingers crossed!)!

Then when I get back, Stiff Little Fingers gig, followed by the rebuild of my 95 Orange E3 (for the second time!)

Have fun - hope the injury doesn't give you too much grief. However, thanks to a certain Steptoe & Son Christmas special, I am no longer able to hear or read the name "Obergurgl" without Harold's dialogue popping into my head. :)

David

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:54 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

David B wrote:
azaro wrote:

Have fun - hope the injury doesn't give you too much grief. However, thanks to a certain Steptoe & Son Christmas special, I am no longer able to hear or read the name "Obergurgl" without Harold's dialogue popping into my head. :)

David

Not sure I've seen that one - tell me more!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:15 am 
Old School Grand Master

Location: Completely in the dark, thanks to me good mate Terry....
azaro wrote:
David B wrote:
azaro wrote:

David

Not sure I've seen that one - tell me more!

It's probably out there on YouTube somewhere - essentially it revolves around Steptoe junior booking a ski holiday in said resort to escape from the "dirty old man" for a change, and failing miserably as usual IIRC. It's just the over-exaggerated delivery of the name "Obergurgl" by Corbett that tickles me.

David

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 pm 
Old School Grand Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUl7h8Jklgw