Charity Ride - RideLondon 100

Whatleymeister

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello good people of RetroBike,

I have mentioned before that I am doing the Prudential RideLondon 100, a 100 mile ride around London (obviously) which encompasses the lions share of the Olympic cycle route. I shall be rockin' my slicked up Saracen for the challenge, keeping it (mostly!) retro. Naturally, I would be remiss if I didnt make it known on here and appeal to your kind hearted souls for sponsorship... :oops: :cool:

The Charity

So, I am rasing money for The Alzheimers Society. They are the leading researchers into Alzheimers and Dementia. I shan't go on too much about them, if you would like to read more about what they do then please click the link and find out. Needless to say this is a charity that is close my family, which leads me on nicely to..

Tugging on the proverbial heartstrings...

A couple of years ago my grandfather passed away but had for several years suffered with quite bad dementia. While on occasions some of the things he would come out with were quite frankly hilarious, he was also extremely hurtful at times through no fault of his own which would cause great upset to those around him. He would also become very disorientated and quite scared at times too. It was horrible to see him like he was and if doing this ride means that I can raise money to help someone else cope with looking after a loved one then I will feel better for doing it. I am already polishing up the soapbox for afterwards ;)

Right, enough of the sob story:

Anything you wish to donate will be greatly appreciated, be £1 or £100 (you may choose a denomication inbetween those amounts if you prefer!) and will be going to an extremely worthwhile cause:

http://www.justgiving.com/DanWhatley

Imagine if I could get everyone on here to donate 50p, that alone would raise £10,000.

Thank you so much in advance of any donations that this plucky post generates.

Dan

(there will be before/during/post event pictures too in time)

Back