House sitter and place of escape wanted

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have a workman in the the house and I feel sooo uncomfortable, I'm sat on the 'puter thinking I cannot do things because I might get spotted or be in the way, he's fitting a header tank so is mainly in the roof but on the 28th there starting the bathroom and the 7th the kitchen I need someone to swap houses with me during the day while they work...because I'm scared of being in the house when they're all here :roll: arrrgggghhhh!!!

Alison the coward

Isaac_AG":3n9cmikj said:
I have a workman in the the house and I feel sooo uncomfortable, I'm sat on the 'puter thinking I cannot do things because I might get spotted or be in the way, he's fitting a header tank so is mainly in the roof but on the 28th there starting the bathroom and the 7th the kitchen I need someone to swap houses with me during the day while they work...because I'm scared of being in the house when they're all here :roll: arrrgggghhhh!!!

Alison the coward
"I have a question for Martin..."

This is an impetuous suggestion, especially given the forum... but why not go out and ride your bike? I know, it was a daft idea - I almost feel embarrassed suggesting it.

Neil":h5tzeh5z said:
Isaac_AG":h5tzeh5z said:

Alison the coward
"I have a question for Martin..."

This is an impetuous suggestion, especially given the forum... but why not go out and ride your bike? I know, it was a daft idea - I almost feel embarrassed suggesting it.

I have to fix the fact that it jumps when peddling otherwise that would be a good plan, it just might get me to the village pub though :D

Alison

Isaac_AG":3enumeed said:
I have to fix the fact that it jumps when peddling otherwise that would be a good plan, it just might get me to the village pub though :D

Alison

take the pedals off and lower the saddle.

as the guy who works in peoples houses let me put your mind at rest. i dont give a crap what you do or where you place yourself. as long as you dont get in my way and keep me in tea then do what you like. it's your house and i'd expect you to be there. please refrain from asking me every five minute how things are going and dont find little jobs to do 5 feet away from where i am working. if you want to go out, by all means do, but ask if i mind being left with the responsibility for the house and please show me where the kettle is so i can grab a cuppa when i need a break.

really alison dont worry, most trades guys just want to get the job done and dont mine what you do.

oh yeah, fresh pack of bourbons daily goes a looooong way :)

Isaac_AG":253biws5 said:
I have to fix the fact that it jumps when peddling otherwise that would be a good plan
Alison

Well, surely that's something that you could be doing while your plumber is working then?
As someone who sometimes works in other people's houses I really don't care whether they stay around the place or go out and leave me to it - makes no difference to me or to how I work.

So, fix your bike and go out and ride it.........

Back