cycling with a hernia?

MCsanandreas

Mountain Cycle Fan
Feedback
View
looks like i may have a hernia. great! has anyone ridden with one? doc seems to think i will be ok as long as i go fairly easy.
only really gives me problems if i walk a lot or am on my feet all day.

Depends where it is surely, you get them under your nuts or in the abdomen area.

If the later you should be ok, only lifting, jerking would cause you pain.

Depends on where it is, i had one in the groin area but was still able 'offroad' whilst i waited for an operation, generally if you feel pinching its time to back off.

/\ It can do as well, sneezing can feel like the whole of your knacker area is about to burst out of it's cavity. :LOL: :| :facepalm:

When you've had the operation you're meant to rest for 2 weeks to let everything 'mesh', the sensation when going from lying down, to sitting up to standing positions can be painful and you don't realise how much you use your stomach muscles until you can't.

Skeelsie":2vqy0zq2 said:
/\ It can do as well, sneezing can feel like the whole of your knacker area is about to burst out of it's cavity. :LOL: :| :facepalm:

yes! dont think its too bad but sneezing i have to be careful of.

I rode with an inguinal hernia for years, but I wouldn't recommend pushing yourself too hard as you may cause more damage

Andy B":3md2acyr said:
I rode with an inguinal hernia for years, but I wouldn't recommend pushing yourself too hard as you may cause more damage

friend of mine had the op last year and is ok now,as i say at the moment its not too bad. something i could do without though!

Back