OH MY WORD.... well space bar.....key fell off...grrr

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
My wife's Acer laptop space bar popped off.........jeeez does it have to be that complicated :shock: tp put back on...........2 diff size metal rods have to go through little holes no bigger than a big sewing needle, and clip in all the way round on such tiny clips that you can hardly see them, then 4 bits of plastic have to be joined in a kind of butterfly wing x shape, and SQUEESED under a metal tab one end then in place at the other, then these have to clip in to minute clips when the button is put on...........all to cover ONE little touch switch in the centre of all that nonsence !!!!!

Everything came out in bits ...if it was just the button i may have had better luck..........i managed to get some parts to fit perfectly in the wrong place in 2 different places before working it out..........boy some of these designers must know how to drag a job along so they get paid more...........JEEEEZ :evil:

The design is widespread and helps to provide reliable consistant key strokes irrelevant of where abouts along its length the space bar is compressed. If it annoys you having to rebuild it, imagine how annoyed you would be if it were not like that and you only got a space, randomly every 10th press of the key or so.

So yes, it probably did take some time to get right, but imagine collectively, around the world, how much time, patience, relationships and expenses in anger management courses it has saved.

Dont break it next time you plonker :facepalm: :LOL:

Back