Back to school on Monday :)

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I do love having the children off school and spending time with them, but I will relish on Monday, having had the trauma of finding socks for them to go to school in, that I can tidy the house in the morning and can then sit in it and know that it is going to stay like that until 15:45, when the bus arrives home. Not to mention the fact that for most of the day they will be either in separate classes and separate schools, so, for a while, they will not be able to kill each other, as they have been trying to do for most of today :(

Alison

I'm on the other side of the fence, as both my wife and my daughter are secondary school teachers.

NeilM":1leob1vj said:
I'm on the other side of the fence, as both my wife and my daughter are secondary school teachers.

I work in secondary education too (chemistry lab technician). Still had to work most of this week even though the teaching staff didn't. Easter and summer hols are similar and the holiday allowance is pitiful compared with the teachers. Small wonder that I'm firing off job applications to industry and HE left, right & centre.

Not bitter and/or resentful at all - honest, guv.... :(

David

David B":2nrqum50 said:
NeilM":2nrqum50 said:

I work in secondary education too (chemistry lab technician). Still had to work most of this week even though the teaching staff didn't. Easter and summer hols are similar and the holiday allowance is pitiful compared with the teachers. Small wonder that I'm firing off job applications to industry and HE left, right & centre.

David

Technicians and learning assistants have to be the most underpaid and overlooked people in any school. The work they all do is fantastic and the teachers would have a very hard time without them. I know this, as my wife is supposed to have a DT food technician, but the bursar keeps 'forgetting' to advertise for one.

NeilM":3hfrnkar said:
David B":3hfrnkar said:
NeilM":3hfrnkar said:

David

Technicians and learning assistants have to be the most underpaid and overlooked people in any school. The work they all do is fantastic and the teachers would have a very hard time without them. I know this, as my wife is supposed to have a DT food technician, but the bursar keeps 'forgetting' to advertise for one.

Thanks Neil - nice to know that some people out there appreciate the work that academic support staff put in.
Don't get me started on our bursars and other admin staff though....bloomin' "desk jockeys"! :evil:

David

Have spent most of the half term doing small group revision sessions for year 11s. 1 teacher 4 pupils ( if only it could always be like that...)

Back