Any Mazda RX8 owners?

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Has anybody on here owned one?
I've heard all the horror stories and rumours of how bad the engines can be but it would be nice to here some real feedback.
They are currently a hell of a lot of car for the money

2004 230bhp model
Full history
57,000 miles
£2300

Grannygrinder":16fa1m91 said:
Has anybody on here owned one?
I've heard all the horror stories and rumours of how bad the engines can be but it would be nice to here some real feedback.
They are currently a hell of a lot of car for the money

2004 230bhp model
Full history
57,000 miles
£2300
I've never owned one, but read a discussion in another place about them, and at that age and mileage (not that either would be that significant on other cars), I wouldn't. That involved people that knew them well. I suppose any used car can be something of a gamble, but the engines don't appear to age well.

Pal had one new to replace his Corrado VR6. Overall he really enjoyed it apart from the catastrophic fuel consumption. This was somebody who could nurse 35mpg out of a Corrado on a commute, but never got better than 25mpg on an RX8.

A mate had one and she stated the fuel economy was horrendous and the known oil consumption was bad too

If you're going to put up with all the associated 'issues' that come with a rotary, you may as well do it with genuine style:

1984-Mazda-RX7-670x502.jpg

i loved my mk1. but it did revert back to it's natural state badly!
the rx8 there ain't no bargain.....you can pick one up for half that all day long....because all the tips are now worn! buy a cheap one and run it into the ground! :mrgreen:

I've known plenty of people who've owned one, and they always mention the fuel consumption first when asked about the car, round town you'll see high teens! If you can pick one up with low mileage it'll be a bargain, however at £2.5k you could probably just rag it about for as long as it'll take the abuse and leave the car with a massive smile on your face when it eventually brakes.

Back