Dickie hip, any physios in the house?

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi

I have a problem with my left hip, it is uncomfortable all the time, but is more so when I move it around or lift it to get into a pair of trousers and is agony if I knock it. It maybe just an age thing I am 46. I did casually mention it to my GP when I went for something else and she made me a physio appointment, unfortunately I cancelled it as I can't cope with physical contact with strangers, or even family and friends :(. Is there anyone who can offer advice or some exercises I could do to help my ailing ball-joint :)

Thanks Alison

Re: Dickie hip, any phisios in the house?

My wife had lots of problems with one of her hips after having our little boy, and after lots of physio visits the only thing that helped, and helped a lot, was pilates. She goes once a week to a session done by the council for £6 I think it is, through the fit4 website.

It would be nice to have something I can do at home, I'm not comfortable exercising in front of other people, I'm shy :) and a blob.

Alison

Two things I always found helpful when my hips played up were walking and drinking plenty of water.

BobToo":22ruvoby said:
Two things I always found helpful when my hips played up were walking and drinking plenty of water.

And I thought you were going to say plenty of beer :( I was just going to go off out to grab some beers and watch Dickie Hip play :D

I should get out exercising more, a bit of the old walking won't do any harm.

Alison

i'm surprised you suggest walking since that puts a jarring force through leg joints, knees and hips in partuicular - maybe swimming would be a better option, dunno, give it a try, a little at a time

02gf74":302ziyka said:
i'm surprised you suggest walking since that puts a jarring force through leg joints, knees and hips in partuicular - maybe swimming would be a better option, dunno, give it a try, a little at a time

Swimming is the ultimate exercise unfortunately I have scars that are visible when in a costume that I would not show in public :(

Alison

Isaac_AG":2gmnkzl5 said:
Swimming is the ultimate exercise unfortunately I have scars that are visible when in a costume that I would not show in public :(

Alison

Bathing-Suit-Women-in-bathing-costumes-in-Pacific-Ocean-at-Moclips-August-23-1913-Credit-Univ-of-Washington-Digital-Collection1.jpg

highlandsflyer":3asdwnw0 said:
Does Dickey Hip still play the Twelve Bar Club?

Not sure but I did share a mental health group with long john baldry in 2000 if that counts?..aaahhh happy days in clacton

Alison..walking is the cheapest and you determined exercise you can have, I tend to do it in the evening when people have too little energy to laugh at a huge bloke being perched up with chicken legs..a bit of music, a 30 minute stroll a couple of times a week and you will be suprised how much weight comes off and because your not at home bored tucking into the pantry it has a double effect of mentally lifting you too

the weight coming off should also take some pressure off your hip

Back