Changing my contract phone soon, choices?

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Either an

1. Iphone, but I've been told that you cannot personalise them, such as change backgrounds or colours, but does that matter?

2. Samsung Galaxy S 111

3. HTC One X, my oldest son would rather I did not get this as he has one.

What's your opinions, experiences on these?

Alison

Missus' Galaxy is biiig but amazing screen resolution. Have been using its older Galaxy Pro sibling for 2 years after 10 years of Sonys. I cant fault it it any way. I only ever hear the bad things about iPhones so have not got on that bandwagon. Never owned a HTC.

*If you have iTunes, you can just drag & drop straight onto a Samsung phone.

Why should you not get an HTC because he has one?!? The new version (the one x+) has better battery, processor and a few other bits are improved.

I've got a One X and can't fault it, it's a bloody good phone. I've had a few HTCs and they are very reliable
Samsung S3 are great phones too
Everyone I know who has an iPhone cracks the screen at some point, and they are expensive

Go to a shop that stocks all three and try them out - they all do pretty much the same things, all very competently.

One thing to bear in mind - Apple, Samsung, and HTC are all bringing out new phones in the next couple of months, worth keeping an eye out for offers on older stock perhaps?

Oh and the new Sony Experia Z and the new Blackberrys are supposed to be stonking too.... Choices, choices!!!

my contract is up in march.
currently looking at:
Samsung Galaxy S11
Sony Xperia range - Xperia Ray has good reviews (but think its too small and not very available?)
iPhone 3GS - but its looking less appealing as everyone i know who had one has moved to Samsung or HTC for more reliabilty/less upfront or second hand cost.

i think i'm decided on an android phone.
just seem to be so many to choose from and i dont have time to go to the shops to try out!

Alison - CNET have a good library of reviews for pretty much all the phones out there. I was looking at this today http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones ... -50006311/ - i dont want the latest and biggest, but want somehting decent/powerful and good screen size (dont forget you'll be typing on screen, so size does matter a bit here) - no inuendo intended!

I'm with Orange, have been for years, so it's a case of what they have available at the time.

Alison

Ill chime in in favour of the iPhone. I've had mine (iphone4) for about 18 months now and no problems. It does what I want and with a decent case (griffin) and a screen protector I've dropped it loads and had no issues. My wife and mum both have them and though they are pretty incompetent tech wise, they are still able to manage diaries, emails and to do lists with ease. Backgrounds can be changed but ringtones are limited to the preprogrammed variety, but eh Tis only a ringtone.

Doowit

The iphone is easy and simple to use, the downside for me is that apple controls what you do in a way that android does not

so for me apple is in charge of my iphone and android I am in control

twas i in the market for a smart phone now I would choose the galaxy 3

The s3. Unless you ca wait for the s4 or the new Sony.
Wife got an s3 yesterday, fast, brill screen, great cam. Just big as a phone. A mini mini tablet!

Back