Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:38 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:06 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:30 pm
Posts: 12449
Location: Surrey
I've no idea what the real story is, but the parts are apparently posted so could still arrive??

Happy to update the thread title to something more appropriate if people feel its not right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:10 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:31 pm
Posts: 2366
Location: The Cave of Shame
NeilM wrote:
as he knows the PD take this kind fraud extremely seriously.


This bit intrigued me - do the US cops really take Internet fraud seriously? I can't imagine the UK plods exerting themselves if the roles were reversed. But maybe I'm being overly cynical.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:20 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6854
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
secret_squirrel wrote:
NeilM wrote:
as he knows the PD take this kind fraud extremely seriously.


This bit intrigued me - do the US cops really take Internet fraud seriously? I can't imagine the UK plods exerting themselves if the roles were reversed. But maybe I'm being overly cynical.



I can only comment on what I have learned from the US archery community, and I'm sure the guys in the US would be able to provide a lot more info, but as I understand it, the local PD is a lot more local than most forces in the UK, both in their staffing and more importantly in their funding.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:19 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:51 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Llantwit Major
ishaw wrote:
I've no idea what the real story is, but the parts are apparently posted so could still arrive??

Happy to update the thread title to something more appropriate if people feel its not right.



But why refund if he's posted them?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:39 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Somerset
NeilM wrote:
So in other words, he knows full well that he is cheating and robbing people, but because they are on the other side of the internet, he really doesn't give a flying duck.... until someone gets clever and threatens to tell his local PD, which is when he ships his pants, as he knows the PD take this kind of fraud extremely seriously.

Well done for getting your money back and for handling things in such a gentlemanly manner; I would have just dropped the PD on the scrote, sat back and enjoyed the show.


Get your money back, remove it from paypal account, ring his PD. Protect others from this international fraudster.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:02 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:31 pm
Posts: 2366
Location: The Cave of Shame
Logic.Al wrote:
But why refund if he's posted them?


Possibly because Brian was hoping they would turn up?

Just because it looked like deliberate fraud doesn't mean it was. The only person who knows that for sure is Brian. There are lots of possible explanations ranging all the way from laziness and stupidity through to actual fraud.

Chances are we will never know for sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:15 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 1742
Location: South Somerset
secret_squirrel wrote:
Logic.Al wrote:
But why refund if he's posted them?


Possibly because Brian was hoping they would turn up?

Just because it looked like deliberate fraud doesn't mean it was. The only person who knows that for sure is Brian. There are lots of possible explanations ranging all the way from laziness and stupidity through to actual fraud.

Chances are we will never know for sure.



I think if Brian is kosher and really did ship the items then surely he would of posted here immediately after you started this thread, or at least I would have done.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:18 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:46 pm
Posts: 656
Location: Hampshire
If you can, report him. Even if the local PD don't do anything this time at least they'll have a record of it if he does it again and someone else follows it up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:15 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23177
Location: Retrobike HQ
Glad it's sorted. Been keeping half an eye on this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:54 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 847
Location: French Alps/Annecy
gtRTSdh wrote:
NeilM wrote:
So in other words, he knows full well that he is cheating and robbing people, but because they are on the other side of the internet, he really doesn't give a flying duck.... until someone gets clever and threatens to tell his local PD, which is when he ships his pants, as he knows the PD take this kind of fraud extremely seriously.

Well done for getting your money back and for handling things in such a gentlemanly manner; I would have just dropped the PD on the scrote, sat back and enjoyed the show.


Get your money back, remove it from paypal account, ring his PD. Protect others from this international fraudster.



I think after 8 pages of this, the lesson today children is

Don't pay by paypal gift. Ever.

Glad it was resolved to your satisfaction anyway Mr iShaw.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group