On an animal subject

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I hate pets, too shitty by half, but when I was 7 I was given a cat, my dad had gone to a family house to pick up their children to stay at our house for a holiday, in their house they had a starving cat with starving kittens and he insisted on taking them away, they all went to a rescue center except one which I managed to talk my dad into letting me have, I called her Tatty as she was such a mess. I loved that cat and one day after becoming pregnant, it is amazing how far a cat will go to mate as we were miles from anywhere. The point is when she was about to give birth she came down and meowed at me and ran up stairs and down, she did this several times until I thought she must be about to have her kittens so I went up with her, she settled down to have her kittens, I thought I'd get her some milk, just in case, and she followed me down and meowed so I left it and went with her, she gave birth but only one was born without deformative aspects, apparently that's normal with tortoiseshell cats.

Have your pets shown human characteristics?

Alison

my lab kaya used to sit in the back garden watching the humming birds, i put out suger feeders for them. they are very territorial and somtimes fight over flowers (food). i was sitting at my computer when kaya came and got me, pawing my leg and whining so i folowed her downstairs. she stood on the grass looking at me then nudging somthing on the floor, it was a small humming bird that had become to exhausted to fly. i picked it up and gave it some suger water, in a few minutes it was strong enough to fly.

Ive had cats all my life, just lost my bengal striped tabby last year after fifteen years, i was gutted literally!

She was the single most affectionate cat ive ever known, she would hear my car (and be able to distinguish mine over others) and get up to meet me when i got in from work, she would sleep on my bed and cuddle up to me on a night, and would insist in sitting on my lap or next to me when i was sat on the sofa!

She would also respond to her name (mog) as i remember once when she was only a couple of years old, we were having the house fitted with a burgalar alarm and i had gone out somewhere with my mum, when we returned the two fitters were looking sheepish and said she had gone exploring under the lifted floor boards on the landing, they could hear her in the front bedroom under the floor in the bay window and had tried alsorts to temp her out but she wouldnt comply.

I simply went to the lifted boards on the landing and called out to her, she came charging back and jumped out for me to pick her up with a little chirrup (a noise she always made when she jumped) and the fitters were gobsmacked lol!

My current cat (Ziva) isnt as social but she has her funny little ways, she loves going exploring on the allotments at the back of our house, specially in the rain, she comes back in and breathily meows and squeaks till she has found where we are, be it upstairs or in the front room, and she will squeal and squeak (litterally) to let us know she is wet and muddy and needs her paws and legs drying off on a big towel, which she doesnt mind at all, then she will wander off when happy, and go out to get muddy again (she is a cross tabby white with grey/brown bengal markings and she is typically nuts).

Me male terrier would always insist (in a very dom manner) on standing on me oppo's lap and washing his head, no one else. Turned out he had cancer in his swede :( .

Had a lovely much maligned Staffordshire bull when i was a kid, he dragged me out of the bed by me jim-jams...for me to discover a family member eppi-fitting in the middle of the night.

I was just walking round the house doing house work (lie) and my dog Alf was standing on the back of the settee looking out the window real agitated and trying to draw my attention. So I looked out the window and saw the old guy down stair lying face down on someones drive way a couple of blocks down the road. So I legs it down the stairs and along the street to help him once I'd gone through his pockets (another lie) he was lying on his good arm and couldn't get up. The old sod never even thanked me so I kicked his stick away and as far as I know hes still lying there yet (another lie, or is it) :LOL:

a lady i got to know up in Northumberland owns a couple of steady mutts....one of them (whippet based) goes and collects a hard rubber ball from wherever (come 10 past 4 it's t-time mam) and throws the ball up into the air so to allow it to bounce hard 3 or 4 times down the flagged floored cottage and awaken the femme owner to the fact it is time to sack the computer-shit and prepare the feed(the dogs already by then at the dish-designated spot/the bouncing hard rubber thing is nowt to do with him)

One of out parrots used to perch on our headboard overnight. He would stay perfectly quiet until one of us opened an eye, then he would greet us with a quiet 'Hello!".

He also used to perch on the handle of your mug of tea and dunk his ginger nuts!

He used to announce he was about to rip wallpaper off the wall by calling, "No, Rocky! Naughty!".

Our Beagle, Barney (that's him in my avatar), definitely has a "human" side - he loves to tease us when we're sat down in the front room.

He gets his ball and he deliberately nudges it under the sofa with his nose, then he sits bolt upright, looks at us and growls (in a playful way). We then get the ball for him and sit back down, and he then repeats the process again and again!

He's definitely doing it deliberately because there's only one place where he can put his ball under the sofa and after he's had his fun he just jumps up on the sofa for a cwtch ( that's the Welsh equivalent of a cuddle, only better ;) ) - we think it's his way of saying sorry!

Back