Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:54 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:58 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Location: Completely in the dark, thanks to me good mate Terry....
Kona lover wrote:
Thought "shock" was the face you pull after checking the price of a sandwich at service stations :shock:

Nothing compared to the face you pull after taking a bite out of said sandwich. ;)

David

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:23 pm 
Retro Guru

David B wrote:
Kona lover wrote:
Thought "shock" was the face you pull after checking the price of a sandwich at service stations :shock:

Nothing compared to the face you pull after taking a bite out of said sandwich. ;)

David

Comedy, cake and talking about it has really helped - amazing what a sponge can do :-) they'll be other jobs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:50 pm 
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider

xerxes wrote:
Quote:
discombobulated

Console yourself with the "Best word in a post of the week award". :D

I was shocked to find only recently, that, that is an actual real word!

I picked it up from a mate, he once said when looking at some dumb kids engine in his (corsa i think) that the 'buffle valve, had discombobulated' so ive said that term for years now, but only after watching the remake of the sherlock holmes film with robert downey jr in, did i find it was a h'actual word lol!

Oh and back to the OP, is there no way you could inform the possible employer of whats happened and get a re-scheduled interview, or has the position filled now?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:53 pm 
Retro Guru

Spudly wrote:
xerxes wrote:
Quote:
discombobulated

Console yourself with the "Best word in a post of the week award". :D

I was shocked to find only recently, that, that is an actual real word!

I picked it up from a mate, he once said when looking at some dumb kids engine in his (corsa i think) that the 'buffle valve, had discombobulated' so ive said that term for years now, but only after watching the remake of the sherlock holmes film with robert downey jr in, did i find it was a h'actual word lol!

Oh and back to the OP, is there no way you could inform the possible employer of whats happened and get a re-scheduled interview, or has the position filled now?

I phoned this morning but was told that they would only interview me if the vacancy hasn't been filled after the interviews today :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:56 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Shock can manifest itself immediately or over the course of a few hours even days. Or you may be concussed. Either way you may want to get yourself checked out again as either could potentially cause you problems!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:59 pm 

Retro Cat wrote:

I phoned this morning but was told that they would only interview me if the vacancy hasn't been filled after the interviews today :(

Boo, well ill keep my fingers crossed for you just in case, btw my mother is a medical secretary, and she said if youre feeling down and out of sorts then you may well have a mild concussion and its definately worth getting into the vets to be looked at, dont mess about when it comes to your head and its contents, once youve scrambled your eggs, there is no way to fix them!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:03 pm 
Retro Guru

rosstheboss wrote:
Shock can manifest itself immediately or over the course of a few hours even days. Or you may be concussed. Either way you may want to get yourself checked out again as either could potentially cause you problems!

What's been lovely is the follow up call from the Ambulance service - they gave me loads of information and told me to get down A&E if in any doubt.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:05 am 
Old School Grand Master

Location: Completely in the dark, thanks to me good mate Terry....
Retro Cat wrote:
Comedy, cake and talking about it has really helped - amazing what a sponge can do :-) they'll be other jobs

Is this that "magic sponge" that football managers used to talk about? I had no idea it had jam & cream in the middle and a dusting of icing sugar on top. ;)

David

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:50 pm 
Retro Guru

David B wrote:
Retro Cat wrote:

Is this that "magic sponge" that football managers used to talk about? I had no idea it had jam & cream in the middle and a dusting of icing sugar on top. ;)

David

The one with jam and cream in the middle, no dusting of icing sugar on the top though (amazing what a bit of sugar, butter and egg can do)