Well...

Stu63

Retro Newbie
Though I should helloo before I start writing drivel :mrgreen:

I currently own an 18yr old mtb, an old Raleigh Ogre (dont laugh) and can count on both hands how many times I've been on it in that time.....I did have a Raleigh Hustler and Chopper when I was younger. I converted the Hustler to 10sp which I was proud of at the time, and it was purple....best colour :mrgreen:

Hello :cool:

From another newboy :)

If you like purple things then you're in trouble; Say 'Bye' to all that paper stuff in your wallet -and by that I don't mean receipts..

My dad bought back then, I didnt have any say :mrgreen: ....I liked it though, infat if I remember right, my Chopper was purple too....he must have like that colour, either that or it's all the shop had when he was buying

I wish my folks had bought me Raleigh's when I was younger, rather than the sh1te I got given , sorry mum.

Welcome to the forum and, as said, be ready to not even have the money to feed yourself with.

Alison

Stu63":344hpd4j said:
My dad bought back then, I didnt have any say :mrgreen: ....I liked it though, infat if I remember right, my Chopper was purple too....he must have like that colour, either that or it's all the shop had when he was buying

So was mine - one of the rarer colours, apparently. I should've kept it as it might have sold for a tidy sum by now, instead it got replaced with my first-ever drop-bar bike (a bright yellow 5sp Royal Enfield).

David

Back