Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:49 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:07 pm 
aka Leo Swayer
aka Leo Swayer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:15 pm
Posts: 6365
Location: Wales.UK
I offered to build one into the kitchen when we updated it, my wife didn't want one :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:24 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:23 pm
Posts: 938
Boring people live in immaculate houses ?!?!?

In my job I go into lots of folks homes very day, and I'm forever hearing 'sorry the house is dirty/messy'. To which I always reply that I just houses by the smell and not how much crap there is lying about. There's a world of difference between a messy chaotic house that's like that because, hey people have to liv there, as opposed to a filthy shithole that no one bothers to CLEAN. Believe me I see it all. As long as ill accept a cup of coffee, take it as given that your house is ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:37 pm 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6736
Location: North Yorkshire
gavinda wrote:
Boring people live in immaculate houses ?!?!?

In my job I go into lots of folks homes very day, and I'm forever hearing 'sorry the house is dirty/messy'. To which I always reply that I just houses by the smell and not how much crap there is lying about. There's a world of difference between a messy chaotic house that's like that because, hey people have to liv there, as opposed to a filthy shithole that no one bothers to CLEAN. Believe me I see it all. As long as ill accept a cup of coffee, take it as given that your house is ok.


My house is cluttered and always has remnants in the morning of the children getting ready for school, after dinner I always like to relax and watch crap on the tv so I tend to do the pots the next day, which can be embarrassing if you get an early visit from the meter reading man, but it's never filthy, well I don't think so. I always wonder though where do minimalists put all their stuff. My son had a friend in primary whose mother's house had nothing anywhere the only books I ever saw were in a cabinet, she had the full set of the Encyclopedia Britannica in a purpose built cabinet, no one was allowed to actually read or look at them they were purely for show :shock:

I like to think that in my house if the children broke anything I would never be cross because nothing matches in our house and that's how I like it.

Alison

Edit: I might kill them if they broke my Retrobike mug, but christ that cost me £11 :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:53 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:50 pm
Posts: 946
Location: Over there -->
On the dishwasher thing:

I once arranged a flat share with a good friend of mine. On moving-in day, we both arrived with dishwashers and fridges.

The solution?

We bought a couple of T-pieces from the local hardware store, and plumbed both dishwashers in, loaded all the cutlery, crockery, etc. into one dishwasher and turned it on. If we needed a plate, knife, etc. we got one out of the clean dishwasher, used it, and put it in the dirty dishwasher. When the clean one is empty, the dirty one is full, so we switched the dirty one on. Bingo clean stuff.

And the fridges? One was for food, the other for beer.

That was a good flat-share.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:54 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: The Home Of Mountain Biking, And All Great Things.
Isaac_AG wrote:
Maybe I should ditch the husband and find myself a obsessively tidy wife.


Save the hassle of a divorce and all that, just make your husband your wife. Secretly all men want to dress in a French maid uniform and get spanked. With me fellas?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 pm 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6736
Location: North Yorkshire
highlandsflyer wrote:
Isaac_AG wrote:
Maybe I should ditch the husband and find myself a obsessively tidy wife.


Save the hassle of a divorce and all that, just make your husband your wife. Secretly all men want to dress in a French maid uniform and get spanked. With me fellas?


For a fancy dress party, as a student, he was dressed in a very slinky dress and make up, he looked dreadful, the one thing my husband could not be is a transvestite he's just too much of a bloke :roll:

Alison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:05 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 2920
Location: Dorset
I have a son 10 and a daughter 8 and have given up trying to tell them what a shoe rack and a clothes hanger are for and that the fairies dont come out at night and put the laundry in the basket :(

I now just keep my 'parlour' free from everthing child related apart from some photographs so myself and my Wife have a place thats tidy to relax in :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:11 pm 
Geoff Capes
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 956
Location: On my laptop somewhere..
Quite tidy here..I'm at home while the lady works. Teenager and a toddler mean the carpet looks like it's never hoovered despite seeing one everyday. I am THE dishwasher.

Our two year old is disconcertingly good at tidying up after himself. I attribute this to the fact he takes after me and we make a bit of a game out it. i.e...sitting next to eachother and chucking duplo blocks back into the bowl they belong in :) Tidying up/Playing games together = win/win


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:13 pm 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6736
Location: North Yorkshire
widowmaker wrote:
I have a son 10 and a daughter 8 and have given up trying to tell them what a shoe rack and a clothes hanger are for and that the fairies dont come out at night and put the laundry in the basket :(

I now just keep my 'parlour' free from everthing child related apart from some photographs so myself and my Wife have a place thats tidy to relax in :D


Adult only parlour, I love that. We have no means of escape, there is the front room for the computer and at the end of the school day they take over that and the back room and at the end of a school day they take over that room, but after 6pm we claim it back :D

Alison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:00 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 2920
Location: Dorset
Isaac_AG wrote:
widowmaker wrote:
I have a son 10 and a daughter 8 and have given up trying to tell them what a shoe rack and a clothes hanger are for and that the fairies dont come out at night and put the laundry in the basket :(

I now just keep my 'parlour' free from everthing child related apart from some photographs so myself and my Wife have a place thats tidy to relax in :D


Adult only parlour, I love that. We have no means of escape, there is the front room for the computer and at the end of the school day they take over that and the back room and at the end of a school day they take over that room, but after 6pm we claim it back :D

Alison


Theres always the shed if you have one :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unkleGsif and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group