Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:06 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:15 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Errrrrmmmmm, was anyone impressive this weekend?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:19 pm 
Old School Grand Master

rosstheboss wrote:
Errrrrmmmmm, was anyone impressive this weekend?

Yes, Scotland.

Wales were impressive once they'd started playing to win (and not just playing not to lose). England were impressive against Ireland, especially as they haven't won over there for over a decade. France were farcical.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:24 pm 
Old School Grand Master

England's win has potentially set up another cracking ending to this year's Six Nations too. Wales play Italy and Scotland between now and then and SHOULD beat both, especially if their confidence has been renewed.

England face France and Italy. I can't see them losing to either side (unless France decide to turn up) so it could well be up to Ryan Jones & Co to put a dampener on an English Grand Slam and I can't even begin to tell you how much I want that to happen, especially as I'll be there to watch it as I was last year when Wales beat France.

Dere ymlaen y bois!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:25 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I just get the impression the Tri Nations boys would look at this weekend's game and chuckle, no one really set the world on fire. Apart from France who, as you say, are single handedly destroying the competition for the wooden spoon!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:28 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Wales in Cardiff to get the Grand Slam??? Game on!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:29 pm 
Old School Grand Master

rosstheboss wrote:
I just get the impression the Tri Nations boys would look at this weekend's game and chuckle, no one really set the world on fire. Apart from France who, as you say, are single handedly destroying the competition for the wooden spoon!

Yes, of course they will be! They're in a different league in the SH and they won't have the slightest bit of concern at what they've seen over the past couple of weekends.

Although the Lions is a different matter. Pick a team from the best players so far in the six nations and the Northern Hemisphere suddenly looks like slightly more of a threat..!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:41 pm 
Old School Grand Master

rosstheboss wrote:
Wales in Cardiff to get the Grand Slam??? Game on!!!

It's certainly looking like a possibility, isn't it.

And if you've never been to Cardiff on match day (whether you've got tickets or not), you're most definitely missing out. The fact that the next time that Wales play at home will be against the old enemy, AND could potentially decide the championship and/or a Grand Slam, will just make it 100 times better!

There were 250,000 people in town for the Wales/France game last year :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:44 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

The conditions today had a huge impact on the game, and neither team covered themselves in glory. Wales won, yes, but I don't think they were good, let alone great. Just France were sh1t. Scotland played well, and Italy made too many mistakes. Not as good as last weekend, but I think today was the decider for the championship, forget about the Wales game

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:54 pm 
Old School Grand Master

I don't think that Wales played particularly well either. They weren't confident until the final 10 minutes. They sensed that France had wasted their chances and capitalised on it.

It was an ugly game, but Wales won. Their confidence has been renewed and anybody who has just watched Scrum V will know how much it means to them as a team to have put their losing streak to bed. There is no team in Northern Hemisphere rugby who feed off confidence and belief like Wales do, and if they keep that up for their next 2 matches then they're in a great position to spoil the party for England at the Millennium.

Last edited by Barneyballbags on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:55 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Double post :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next