high tech problem ..

snapper

Retro Guru
i wish to time a bicycle from point A to point B ...ie 100mts

riding the bike and hitting the stop watch is a fail

having a second viewer hitting a stop watch = fail

speed bike devices measure speed etcetc...yet not time over a set distance..

has anybody body got a idea into this ...?

my readings are to be in milli-seconds ...our bmx race club also wants a device to measure gate launch times...from A- B...

thank you... :roll:

if you can arrange it so that point B is the same as point A, then here you go:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIME-TRIAL-LA ... 5d35ce8357

150 mm is plenty wide enough for a bike tyre. :LOL:

it should be possible to modify two for these in addition of a key fob remote so that whe the first gate is triggeredm it activates the remote that start the timer on the second gate - when the wheel crosses the second gate, you can read the time.

basically you need some sort of optical beam devices connected to a trasnmitter so send a signal when the light beem is broken; at other end is receiver with a timer that stops when as similar light beam is broken. an interesting projectg for anybody who is into PICs.

i am sure there are productas out there but probably cost in the region of several hundreds of pounds.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Depends where you are in Oz, I know someone with timing equipment for downhill skatebaording.......

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
since the distance to be measured only to gravels end at most....a car drag strip lights/times board set up would be ideal .....BUT .....I am not that rich ... :LOL:

there has been a bunch of timing gear installed at DH tracks around the country, there is some permanently installed in Hobart, but no ide what it is called or costs. But that could maybe used, obviously the cost could be silly, I seem to remember that some people didn;t want to purchase their own timer thing to make it all work

my heads hurting as the best i can think of would be a stop watch set up..

but at best on that is i am measuring 1 rider at a time or get 6 others doing the same

:facepalm:

also note this as these men are twitchy sound eagles ...noise in gates beeps or lines crossed will make them cry,laugh,scream,jump yell ....yes in that order towards us ...

Latest posts

Back