Carbon Fibre.... Inspiration required.... UPDATE 18/04/13

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok, in three weeks time I'm back at college for an intensive course - carbon fibre and composite laminating.

The final part of the course will be to design and produce my own item.. :cool:

So - I've got a few ideas but has anybody got any inspiration of what I could produce? Maybe bike related, maybe not. Obviously I've got to be sensible, I'm not going to be able to do a bike frame, or car bonnet, but I welcome sensible suggestions.. I'm erring towards a bike saddle or some form of frame/fork protection (think crud, or even a shock fender) but its not really leftfield enough, I don't think..

Anyone got constructive input?

Protective shell for a laptop? Or a cover for your mobile? Something intimate for the lady in your life? Not lingerie obviously.

swannymere":22ukrtvm said:
Protective shell for a laptop? Or a cover for your mobile? Something intimate for the lady in your life? Not lingerie obviously.

Have you seen what happens when CF fails????

lightweight spanners for the supertanker market. They can't use steel tools on deck because of the fear of sparks.

I know very little about carbon or what your limits are going to be on the course, but Im thinking something for your On One. Maybe a MC2 carbon replica? Ive seen bar stem combos on ebay but they look a bit poo? I dont even know if it would be ridable? definatly look good though?

Back