Bells and whistles

B77

Senior Retro Guru
I have them one my bikes that get used on cycle paths and roads but does everyone use a bell on their trail/downhill bikes ?

I the bejesus out of an old girl today......

ive only used a bell in the last year i think. i really like it as it's not as aggressive sounding as a 'look out' regardless how friendly its meant. plus I'm crap with my left and right so am just as likely to dierect someone into me if i call out :LOL:

you still get the dickheads that dont move out the way but i still call out a pleasant 'thank you' to them as i pass. i find this may either wake people up to thier inconsideration or if they are complete assholes, my lack of irritation at them will drive them closer to that early grave :LOL:

I'm playing with the idea of using compressed air to play the dukes of hazard through air horns...if it does get done pics will follow

I would hope not..the last thing a person I just scared half to death with the dukes of hazard, is to get off the floor and see a cyclist pedaling away with daisy dukes and arse crack hair hanging out

I can imagine a biker hammering downhill towards someone out shooting, shocking them with their super loud bell, such that they turn and fall, discharging their weapon into the biker's ass.

No bells here, I just stop pedaling and let the Hope hub alert people to my presence. If they really arent getting it, a bit of back pedalling changes the tone enough to normally get me noticed :cool:

Back