Does it matter to you if your partner is more intelligent?

Retro Cat

Senior Retro Guru
Intelligence is (by my definition) problem solving, lateral thinking and learning from experience quickly.

So who is more intelligent you, or your partner and perhaps more importantly does it matter to you anyway?

As a mathematician he is more intelligent than me as a householder I win, but I'd rather have the degree I set out to get.

Alison

Isaac_AG":3q230j7l said:
As a mathematician he is more intelligent than me as a householder I win, but I'd rather have the degree I set out to get.

Alison

What was the degree?

But what use is intelligence without common sense. I meet a lot of stupid intelligent stupid people in my business.

Retro Cat":33q7sxhz said:
Isaac_AG":33q7sxhz said:

Alison

What was the degree?

His, mathematical methods for information technology, mine applied biology.

Alison

Now this may come as a shock to you all.... I'm right fick.

I left school (rough as **** school in Wythenshawe Manchester) at about thirteen as I was having trouble (family reasons) I also have dyslexia, which was discovered when I was about thirty! and therefore didn't gain any qualifications.

The missus went to a posh school in Cheshire and gained loads of O levels and a few A levels then studied economics and Russian History at Uni'.

We get on really well and have done for the last 23 years! Obviously we don't communicate with each other and I live in a wooden crate in the basement.

al.

al":2ll8nt4y said:

I left school (rough as **** school in Wythenshawe Manchester) at about thirteen as I was having trouble (family reasons) I also have dyslexia, which was discovered when I was about thirty! and therefore didn't gain any qualifications.

The missus went to a posh school in Cheshire and gained loads of O levels and a few A levels then studied economics and Russian History at Uni'.

We get on really well and have done for the last 23 years! Obviously we don't communicate with each other and I live in a wooden crate in the basement.

al.

People come in all shapes and sizes, my wife's more numbers I'm more people

al":348mwkud said:

al.

you surprise me your so funny with so much intelligence, I'm jealous . I was in special lessons at school and language did not kick in till I was in my teens and I'm not dyslexic. I'm better than him bike technical though
:D Alison

gavinda":3bqbbbt3 said:
But what use is intelligence without common sense. I meet a lot of stupid intelligent stupid people in my business.

Whilst helping him fix his car, I once saw a graduate electrical engineer put a 10" adjustable spanner down on top of the battery!!! :shock: :facepalm:

Back