View
i have a Vax.
i have to empty it everytime i use it.
i don't like this.

will a Dyson change my life?

please discuss....

We have a Vax
We have a Dyson

The Vax is very useful for all the blooming milk the children spill on the carpet Grrrrr!!!! but I don't think much of it as a vacuum cleaner

The Dyson, and we have had Dysons for years now, is excellent and you can see all your dirt and, like my aunt, you can then empty it and do it all again and again and again until you con see no more specks going into the dirt box, perfect for the OCD person in your life :D

Alison

Personally I found my Dyson to be a complete waste of money. I ended up using the pipe and end attachments off my Vax as the Dyson didn't have a good carpet sweeper bit.

In the end the Dyson got the sulks and I replaced it with a Numatic Henry, which is a very good machine.

If you find your Vax fills up every time, then perhaps you just need a bigger machine...

..or consider vacuuming at least twice a year... :LOL:

In my experience Dysons have been problematic, and not had a great deal of power... just going by personal experience before anyone flames me

Our Henry on the other hand has been totally flawless - power is brilliant. Great for hovering cars as it won't fall over like an upright will (I am OCD with my car interiors)

Henry has become a very close companion if the sad truth be told, had him 5 years and still operating like the day we bought it* :D

*Despite using the poor thing being used in conjunction with paint stripping with a heat gun, hoovering log burner out weekly during 5 winters, hoovering plaster up etc etc

My Henry lasted 12 years before moisture killed it

My Dysons have lasted about 18 months before they just went crap no matter how many filters I replaced.

Our Vax have lasted 2 -3 years. They seem to have a very good aftercare service. When ours broke, we rang the number on the cylinder and despite it being 3 years old they sent out a new one! Same thing happened when we bought a brand new one from a clearance store - it had sheared its bolts sometime during transport so we couldnt assemble it - rang the same number, old one was picked up, new one arrived!

Dysons are the most common vacs to be dropped off at my local tip. I used to repair them and sell them on but cant be bothered anymore.

when i say empty - i mean clean the filter out after about 10mins of vacuuming.
the 'low suction' red light comes on within minutes. the chamber isnt even a quarter full and its already making groaning noises like its all blocked up.
have to tap the filter out after every use. its pretty annoying - considering we live in a 2 bedroom flat, only the lounge and 2 bedrooms are carpeted, the bathroom and kitchen are hard floor.

its a notoriously fussy vacuum as reviews would suggest (its a Vax G:2 anniversary edition - pet vacuum) although we have no pets, so its not even like its getting a hard life!

i would like to find a vacuum that doesnt have such a pathetic resistance to fine dust/hair and lose suction within minutes of use.
I reckon a henry might be just the ticket. a dyson is a little out of my price range - but do like the compactness of it/ability to hang the smaller ones on the wall....

do henry's come in different sizes? i.e smaller than the most common red henry? i know there is Hetty, but there are a couple of others as well....

I guess I'm in the minority here to have only had good experiences with the old Dysons, I'm on my third in about 15 years, and that's only because we've upgraded rather than there been any problems with them.

My mum had a Henry though and liked it very much so maybe it's Henry that is going to change your life

Alison

Isaac_AG":38u6kihl said:
I guess I'm in the minority here to have only had good experiences with the old Dysons, I'm on my third in about 15 years, and that's only because we've upgraded rather than there been any problems with them.

My mum had a Henry though and liked it very much so maybe it's Henry that is going to change your life

Alison

Still on the same Dyson purchased 6 years ago here, no real complaints from me.

David

Back