Central heating

lumos2000

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
do you leave it on constant at a comfortable temprature or bast at full wack for an hour or so.

normaly i set the timer and blast it for an hour but im wondering if its better to leave it on constant at a lower temp, for cost and effiency

what do you do?

you're best leaving it on longer at a lower temp. keep all doors (internal :D) shut and close the curtains.

put a jumper on.

if you find that you are regularly pressing advance/boost then you nbeed to have a look at your heating times.

we have trouble keeping doors shut here, the cat will claw her way through and the dog headbutts them open.

it all comes down to the basic equation of warmer house=more money spent.......constant use puts the emphasis on comfort......a quick blast when you are in, allied to an extra jumper puts the emphasis on lowering bills a bit.......its amazing how these options tend to define the female/male approaches too!.....

shutting doors and curtains are big factors, treat each room as a seperate space, isolating unused rooms and not allowing downstairs heat upstairs quite so quickly will have a big effect!...... :D

.....whilst on the subject....(venting moment :twisted: ).....i have come home in the past to find heating on and a window open as my mrs said it was a bit too hot!!!!...... :twisted: :twisted: :? :x

I believe it comes down to what type of house you have, small and well insulated then on all the time is OK, big and draughty the heat when you need it.

i have a large and drafty house,heating sat at 17 all day,and then 18 when i get in after work,sod the bills,the wife pays them. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

kaiser":rt65z1yx said:
I believe it comes down to what type of house you have, small and well insulated then on all the time is OK, big and draughty the heat when you need it.

i agree to a degree, but the principals are the same wherever you live.....a smaller box will need less energy to reach a given temp.....all the energy you put into a house will eventually end up outside......more modern and efficient properties, or draught proofing of doors and windows just slows that process down a bit.....

Back