Who knows about Car Leasing?

Rumble

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Mrs is starting a new job soon, she'll have some moderate mileage to do and needs (wants) a new motor to do it in. I've always shopped at the bargain end of the market and as such we've had our fair share of interesting but less-than-reliable cars, this time we'll be happy with something a bit more euro-box.

As we don't have a deposit for a new car right now (a house move is also on the cards) she's decided that a lease is her preferred option. I've never looked into this before so any opinions/dos/don'ts/alternatives/recommendations/who to avoid would be welcome. Is there a meta-search site for leasing companies like comparethemarket etc?

Have a look on line, there are loads of independent companies that do car leasing, you will be surprised how much you can get for your money. Read the small print to avoid any large balloon payments. We lease cars and give them back after 3 years, although the final amount is dependent on the cars condition. If you can afford it, having servicing included can be good, although keep an eye out for manufacturers offers as they may include it free, also don't be afraid of going straight to the garage and talking to them - they are there to shift cars after all so don't be afraid to haggle the arse off them!!! We got my current pick up for the same amount as the previous one (in effect keeping the repayments the same for 6 years!), it's worth doing.

we have a car on lease for SWMBO, looked online and got the local dealer to match the lowest price + a extra 2000 miles per annum.

I would second Lings, they were by far the cheapest when i was looking. Some very very good deals on there at the moment.

Check whats included, tax, service etc, and how much the deposit is. A lot of websites have lower monthly rates but then you have to pay 6 months for the deposit.

wasn't peugeot recently doing an all in thing, insurance, tax, servicing and car?

Back