Well that was fun - Snow!

Logic.Al

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
10 mile commute (alright I used the train today for most of it) but the 3 miles in the snow from station was interesting. Never concentrated while riding a bike so much before. No brakes, gears frozen and jumping around but I arrived. Guess what! I'm the only one here. Ahh well its warm.

Snow here in Winchester and getting worse it would seem. Made it to work this morning on my tourer (with its 25mm tyres!!),at least 2 of my work colleagues haven't come in, one of whom lives much nearer to the workplace than I do. Even managed to overtake a car which was having rather more trouble getting up the hill out of my village than I was. Couple of hairy downhill bits where I had to dab the ground with a foot out of the pedals, speedway style, but puts those CX skills to good use!

David

woke up to this ....came down about 2 this morning and its still coming with more on the way later..

Attachments

• IMG_20130118_085947.jpg
    IMG_20130118_085947.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 445
so far we have over 200 schools closed...the sky is an odd colour at the moment.i dont have a car any more...its just a big white blob now

Had about quarter of an inch of snow the other day here in the sunny south, which had disappeared by noon. However, it has been quite cold, below freezing over night, so when I went for a ride yesterday morning the puddles and other peoples tracks in the mud had frozen solid which makes them really tricky to cycle across. :D

I'm in Gorslas south west wales.
We had about 2 inches overnight. It stopped from about 7 until 10 this morning but has now started again :D
Kids are off, sledges are out. If it lets up i'm going to try a lap of my short local loop on the bike :D

Back