How did you meet your other half?

Retro Cat

Senior Retro Guru
A BBQ on Brighton beach 7 years ago - no bikes involved though. So has a bike in some way contributed to you meeting your other half? Or indeed how did you meet your other half?

We met at college.

She used to wear VERY tight jeans, and I remember nearly tripping over my own tongue the first time I saw her walking up a flight of steps :shock:

We've been married 31 years.

No bikes involved, although I did used to ride my Norton Commando over to Cardiff to see her when she was at Uni.

NeilM":39oswpfw said:
We met at college.

She used to wear VERY tight jeans, and I remember nearly tripping over my own tongue the first time I saw her walking up a flight of steps :shock:

We've been married 31 years.

No bikes involved, although I did used to ride my Norton Commando over to Cardiff to see her when she was at Uni.

Very similar except it wasn't the jeans that were tight. 18 years 2 weeks ago.

Swinger's party.

Actually her mum used to work at the hospital I was based at.

Years later I was back working there and she took me round to meet some of my patients in the community. Asked her if she was busy after a shift and we ended up in Hyde Park with a chess board and a couple of Supermalts. The rest, as they say, is hazestory.

at Royal mail,well thats where i remember her from,she remembers me from a job interview at her work place 12 months earlier,i dont,oops,
but yeh,i was already at royal mail and then she started,took us about a year to get it on,then we used to ride to and from work 6 days a week,and that was 12 years ago and now were married with 3 kids,

god,i wish i could turn back the clock.lol. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Threw up over faux bisexual girlfriend after having a lot of holsten export and afore mentioned faux bisexual girlfriend, I, and faux bisexual girlfriend's actually bisexual girlfriend all had a public row, got left for dead as faux bisexual girlfriend understandably had had enough and went home (all this was in a public car park). Now wife (then faux bisexual girlfriend's flatmate) was on hand to rescue me and deliver me back home safely.

Went round next day on my 93 rockhopper comp to say thank you and apologise and she (now wife) was just heading out for a ride on her 93 cannondale m700. It was love at second sight.

Spin on 4 years and after not seeing each other for best part of a year bumped into each other, got married 48hrs later and 15 years later celebrations were two days ago.

No bike involved in mine - just a Copenhagen pub owned by a mate who's a Man City fan, Barnsley FC getting promoted to the premiership and me going in on a Sunday afternoon to gloat while I was splitting up with my ex - and my future wife was there. Neither of us were drunk.

That was 97. Kids are now 14 and 13. Do the math.

Back