Chilli rant......

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Bl**dy chilli's........was in my tinned tomatoes (by mistake) should have been herbs only.....and now i get home and find a nice looking veg pizza has jalapeno sauce all over it :evil: :evil: :evil: i'm allergic to chilli.....ffs :roll: ......i'm being chased by chilli's :!:

Shopping at Lidl by any chance? The tinned tomato lottery... on the other hand they're all pretty good and thankfully I'm not allergic to any of the contents so I'm not that fussed which one I end up with!

You no like either ?

I went to a Cuban place once with a girlfriend.....and was expecting chilli's...and asked the manager, please do you have anything without chilli.................to my suprise he said he hated chilli/enchilada.....and cuban food rarely has any in...................we then has a great meal on cuban chicken stew with some kind of baked marrow or swash.....nice :D

My chili rant:

One time I was driving around San Diego and I wanted to go to a drive-thru hamburger place to get some fast food, but they were all crowded except for one: Original Tommy’s. I had never heard of it before, but I thought “what the heck; I’ll give it a try”, so I drove in and looked at the menu, and everything, I mean EVERYTHING had chili on it. Don’t get me wrong; I like a chili-cheese hot dog once in awhile, but on that day, I just wanted a hamburger. When I ordered a hamburger without chili, it was as if I had just insulted the cashier, the cook, the owner, the owner’s relatives, his neighbors, his pastor, his dog, and the horse they all rode in on.

“Oh, you just HAVE to try our chili! Wouldn’t you like just a little bit?” they said.

“No, thanks” I replied, “just a hamburger”.

“Oh, we’re famous for our chili. How about we just give you some on the side in a little container?”

I began to get the feeling that I had better agree to accept some chili, otherwise the cook might start chasing me down the street with a container of chili while I’m driving away. Talk about high-pressure sales! Sheesh! I won’t go there again.

For those of you planning to visit southern California, just try getting away from one of these places without chili. I dare ya. http://www.originaltommys.com/

I had a lovely chilli surprise in a local pub not so long ago. Ordered lasagne as they did quite a nice one (with chips of course) and got ready to tuck into it First bite revealed the chef had got a bit confused and made it with chilli instead of a bolognaise sauce.

And it was bloody lovely!!

Back